Stricter Gun Control demanded by Liebour MP

Paul T

We have had several people shot here this last 2 weeks by pistols. Not one was a legally held pistol. It was terrorists doing the shooting with illegally held weapons. The restrictions do no good. Let's secure the borders first to stop them being smuggled in, in the first place. Oh and a man was stabbed on the old park road as well, shall we ban all knives......

another rabid tart like the eejiit in derby williamson mp for waffle.hates gun owners with a vengance.doesnt get when some 1 shoots another gang member with a pistol there already banned.seems to think ban all legal gun ownership and the drug gangs will stop killing each other .labour M.P,s living proof somewhere a village is missing their idiot

'Call me Dave' on our side - he vetoed licence fee rise - we all now need to vote Tory lads (and lasses).

Did anyone think shooting would be safe with labour before this?!

I think if you vote labour you my as well go to the nearest police station and hand in your guns and beat the the rush!

Yvette Cooper is just another of the Blair's Babes who's worried about dropping out of the public's gaze and will do anything to get their name back in the media and just our bad luck she's chosen shooting for her "bete noire" this time round.

No one with any intelligence will take any notice of her ramblings and sooner or later she will jump on another more politically advantageous (to her) band wagon!

All the same, we need to be constantly on guard against anything that will curtail our rights and the costs of enjoying those rights.

I know, how many injuries caused by horses are treated in Yorkshire each year.

Could a licensing scheme be introduced along with compulsory insurance for those riding horses!

Perhaps Ms Cooper could promote such a scheme via the media to highlight the expensive cost of treating horse related injuries.

Edited by rogcal

You might want to give this politician an email telling her why the license costs shouldn't go up:

coopery@parliament.uk

Mass police inefficiency and long waits, why should we pay more?

Also what is up with BASC saying this:

"Last night the British Association for Shooting and Conservation said the Labour Party was once again failing to see that “gun owners in the UK realise that a gun is a privilege not a right and are very responsible”."

It is your right to own a shotgun in the UK. The police have to have a good reason to NOT grant you a shotgun license. It might be the case for having good reason for a firearm, but not the same for a shotgun. Also notice on a shotgun certificate there are also no additional conditions on it.

You might want to give this politician an email telling her why the license costs shouldn't go up:

coopery@parliament.uk

Mass police inefficiency and long waits, why should we pay more?

Also what is up with BASC saying this:

"Last night the British Association for Shooting and Conservation said the Labour Party was once again failing to see that “gun owners in the UK realise that a gun is a privilege not a right and are very responsible”."

It is your right to own a shotgun in the UK. The police have to have a good reason to NOT grant you a shotgun license. It might be the case for having good reason for a firearm, but not the same for a shotgun. Also notice on a shotgun certificate there are also no additional conditions on it.

BASC talking without putting their brains in gear again you are right it is your right to have a shotgun certificate surely these idiots should know that :no:

It's reasons like this that I hate Labour. Such is life, ignorance will play a massive part in this debate. There's lots of people willing to sit back and pipe-off about how guns should be banned, and it looks like Labour are trying to play into their hands. The sort of people who will be behind this, are the sort of people who dial 999 to tell them that someone is walking around a cropfield with a big sniper rifle.

I know lots of people who say that there isn't a "need" for guns, and that they don't see any reason why they should be legal. A lot of these think nothing of drinking so much that they end up in A&E or the police cells most saturday nights. All funded by the state, of course. Surely drink and drugs cause 100 times as many problems than legal gun ownership, but no, it's honest, working-class gun-owners that are to be punished.

The full-blown antis are a different matter. A bloke in my village tried to put in an appeal, preventing or banning me from shooting on my own land, due to that there's wildlife on it! The FEO had a right laugh. Some people are in a fantasy world.

It's all about votes. Suggesting banning alcohol due to its effects on the health of people, its cost to society through abuse and the cost of crime both in police costs, NHS costs while possibly being logical, would be political suicide.

There's a valid train of thought which suggests I dont NEED my firearms, but the same logic would also suggest nobody NEEDS a mind and personality altering drug for no other reason than its enjoyable.

It's all about votes. Suggesting banning alcohol due to its effects on the health of people, its cost to society through abuse and the cost of crime both in police costs, NHS costs while possibly being logical, would be political suicide.

There's a valid train of thought which suggests I dont NEED my firearms, but the same logic would also suggest nobody NEEDS a mind and personality altering drug for no other reason than its enjoyable.

The point is that guns are an easy target to get armchair votes. I enjoy a drink as much, and possibly more than most people, but the point is that they are picking and choosing what they are address, to please the voters. I know it's only politics, but If they intend to ban guns due to 101 incidents in the last year, surely the same logic and trail of thought would want to ban alcohol too? Leave them to it I suppose, generally speaking, common sense tends to prevail.