Field hides - does this qualify?

JDog

I was determined not to let this weekend go by without a shot or two. Lady JDog is away so I spent the morning until 1pm vacuuming and washing the floor and doing the ironing. Modern man or what? Just after Lewis Hamilton was nobbled by his own team mate I set off and went precisely 4.1 miles before I found a few on wheat stubble.

Any flight line was good after yesterday and one from the wood on the top of the hill a mile away looked promising so I set up on a promontory of large oak trees. The position was perfect until the sun shone, but as the sun shone 'constantly intermittently' I was fine for most of the time. My time in the hide was limited to less than two hours but amazingly not a single bird came back along the line I had identified. All of the birds coming into the field came from the opposite direction and they came back well and in one hour and forty five minutes of shooting I fired 75 shots of varying degrees of difficulty and picked fifty birds without the aid of Jasper who stayed at home.

DSC05544.jpg

Well done,the position of the hide is perfect with all the leaf foliage, this allows all manner of shots to be taken. I see people make hides under trees and it restricts the shooting to the point they are unable to shoot effectively. Great result for a short session , just be careful you do not contract house maids knee??????

Edited by pigeon controller