Our message got through

kent

Following a personal chat last night with a top BASC official I assure you guys that commented the PIGEON WATCH message regarding the Greylag and GL was heard coming from here the loudest. Might not have been acted upon properly or even agreed with but it was heard and that's a fact and after the fact about the best we could have hoped for.

Wildfowlers might be small in number but we have a big voice when we speak up, its ruffled feathers! Maybe enough for a think twice before "they" try anything of the like again

Its very simple to say we heard you - doesnt imply support for the view, doesnt agree with the view, no change in stance and, as Grandalf says above, the damage is done.

It may say its an organisation run by the members I think the answer is very clear if you want to look. Any news on the additional 'private' medical costs for FAC/SGC ?

Didnt think so.

I still find the idea abhorrent.

Edited by Kes

Hi Kent. Are they changing their stance on it, did he say?

No they are not but interestingly I was treated to a stream of lies about what certain clubs thought and individuals ( amusingly most of the clubs I belong to and one of the key names is a man I know well)

The interesting thing is the weight that can be thrown into an argument Via PW, it should be remembered

I 100% believe shooting should stand together and frankly at times it suits some we do not all stand shoulder to shoulder , you have to be careful how you treat minorities because everyone is a minority at some stage

So Kent you know that you were not told the truth by BASC, you know they monitor pigeon watch, you also know that they are aware they dont have to do anything, despite PW.

So it seems anything said on PW is BASC's official position, decided by BASC. It also suggest that ceratin individuals are prepared to bend the truth to keep BASC in a good light so as not to damage membership numbers?

This is the voice of shooting ? Forgive me but it seems very much like a voice of self interest or at best self protection.

Someone tell me I am wrong - please.

At the moment we need a strong voice we get an arrogant one which even its members doubt ?