a nice find this morning

holly

oh how i would love to go out and pick mushrooms but and it's a big but i don't have a scooby doo what you can and can't eat just not confident enough to just look at a book and go and try

well done to you mate hope you enjoy,

i just hope it's a age hung rump from you local small butcher/farm shop and not a supermarket one in plastic tray

colin

There are a number of woods that me and the Mrs take the dog for a walk and we are always finding mushrooms but to be honest im almost afraid to touch them incase they are one of the "bad ones" an i do something stupid like put a finger in or around my mouth etc and drop dead lol

Is there a general rule around picking mushrooms to tell if they are nasty ones or tasty ones?

I think i know what the Chicken of the woods ones look like but have no idea if there is another that looks like it that would make me ill or get all hippy trippy.

If I get enough interest I will run a half day course, say three hours on picking and identifying. Say £30 a person and you can take what you collect.

I used to take over 200 people a season but got more heavily involved In my pheasant shoot so don't do it anymore.

If anyone's interested pm me. Cheers I think the site or facebook is still running, "wild foragers".