cutting down CZ 22

Lloyd90

Thinking of getting my CZ 22lr cut down as it's currently full length with irons.

Although I like it with the scope on I never use the irons anyways and with the parker hale on its quite long so I think it would be a bit better handling if cut down, looking for opinions

1. What length should I go for ?

Thinking of going short (12-14") maybe

2. What's approx cost ?

3. If cutting the barrel down is it easy to remove the rear sight as it will no longer be needed.

Thanks

Had my Brno mod 2 (a CZ 452 now) cut to 14" and it's still spot on in fact I think the better crown made it more accurate.

Same rifle Ive got mate, BRNO mod 2 :good: was thinking of getting it cut the same. Did you remove the rear sight as well ?

How much did that cost please

for me it would be 16"

i was quoted £80 from a good gunsmith cut and threaded for my cz hmr

my lr is 16" and is spot on so was thinking of doing same to hmr

colin

Hi Colin as its local can you let me know who quoted you the £80 for the cut down as I am thinking of getting my CZ done.

Cheers Neil

i had a few quotes one was a chap in Reading area the other was chap from Northampton he screw cut my .222 and done a great job will have a look and see if i can find his website

colin

this is the chap

http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk/

mods hope it's ok to paste it here if just remove

Edited by colin lad

I got mine cut down to 15" £25. Well worth it.

Mine is just on the cusp of when they changed from Brno to CZ and the front stock screw screwed into the bottom of the rear sight.

You can take out the bit you actually aim with but it still leaves the angular housing on the barrel which looks a bit gash. After I removed the housing from the barrel, by knocking the pin out, I filed it down so it was much closer to the shape of the barrel, but still with a mm or 2 of metal on it. And then just reblacked it by heating it up and rubbing used engine oil in it. Personally I think it looks much neater now.