PRACTICE SKEET ON YOUR OWN

nicknsd1978

I know this may sound like a daft question but seeing as though I am very new to the sport, how do i go about practising skeet on my own? I say on my own as i will be going shooting by myself. I know there will be other people at the club but before just joining in on a round of skeet I wouldn't mind practising for a few weeks or months first but how do I go about this?

I just hang the release button over my opposite shoulder,

Mount the gun with one hand, press the button and let her rip. By the time your hand is back on the forend, the target is ready for dusting.

Will take a couple of goes, but easily mastered. I get equally , sometimes better scores like this.

It sharpens you up on your own. Have fun.

I am sure you will find someone at any club to take you on a round round of skeet, its really quite easy to lean what you are doing and get instruction on where to look and hold your gun, if you arrive early it may help that way you are not holding up a squad, but we all had to learn and take time with new people

Don't try it on your own you will put yourself off the sport by not understanding the basics, just ask the person in charge who will normally tell you who to see or take you around yourself

You could also ask your instructor to take you around if they have a skeet ground as a normal lesson

When you start it's normal to have "On Report" rather than pairs so each clay is shot as a single, so say station one (High House) would be shot with single shot High House, Single shot Low House, Then the same again but the low house is triggered as soon as you fire the High house and the same around the rest of the course. once your happy you then go onto pairs

Hi Mate.

My local grounds are both Nottingham Gun Club and Cockett Farm. I've only been to Cocketts but they have memebers of staff that will come around with you have release clays for you on your shout. Its great as it means you can go on your own without the owrry of not being able to pull clays.

I'd be up for a day out but may not be for a while as due to money circumstances the shotgun has to stay in the cabinet for a while. Back to air gunning for a bit :(

Regards

Matt

I shoot solo skeet quite a lot, just use the delayed release, hook the button on the top pocket of your vest, get set up, push the button, mount the gun and wind back to your hold point clay comes out shortly after that, you'll be surprised how much time you have.

Hey guys, Julia (from Nottingham GC) here.

All of our rounds are marked so you can shoot skeet by yourself. You can shoot whichever pegs you like if not ready for a full round yet. If you don't want a marker with you then we also have a clay mate system for skeet and DTL. There are plenty of new shooters who would happily go round with you if you want company. Or we have instructors who will just button for you and then give you pointers either at the end or when you ask.

Ask about Sunday club next time you are up, it is a group skeet session with an instructor for the newer shooter. We do everything we can to get you shooting safely and confidently, either by yourself or with others. :)