British open garlands

umney531

The site was visited before the road stone was put down and not rolled ,stand 2 tipped 30 deg in to the pond nothing to stop a wheelchair rolling in to the pond ,stand 7 was almost impossible to shoot for a disabled standing person ,stand 12 was totally impossible for most disabled people to get to ,as was stand 10 .My rant has nothing to do with the score ,yes I shot badly it's all about access why did Steve Lovett not get in a wheelchair and take himself round . I shot badly not because of the targets it was because I was exhausted through the rough terrain and was more concerned about my safety

If the shoot was that good why did every one who saw Nick Fellows rip strips of him ,no one who approached him had a good word to say.

The total shoot lacked wow factor it was like a hard day at work at no time did any member of our squad come off a stand with a smile on there face or say that was good

9 people from my local club who went said they would not return next year and especially if it had 2 hour rotations .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

firstly i personnally had nothing to do with the road as the farmer desided to fill in pot holes after the harvest , stands were situated in the best place to make a good sporting shoot so if that didnt suit everyones taste not alot i can do about that as the majority enjoy good targets , if you and your mates are club shooters as you say maybe you should come to expect to see better targets at a major .

but the good news is you will not have to endure a brilliant championship like this again , or at least one of mine so if i were you i would seriously try skeet or down the the line as you are clearly not cut out for sporting

the total lack of understanding shows in the fact you think you should shoot 120 in 2 hours ,, its impossible and cpsa say so , they do this to spread the amount of people and to be fair to them after day 1 it all ran smoothly with people taking between two and a half and three and a half hours to shoot which i think is great as its the british , so make a day of it enjoy each stand , chill out and your scores will go up

Edited by stevelovatt

no handbags from me , i tell it how it is and to be wrongly critised on this event how i have been is outreagous when several disabled shooters have personnally congratulated me on it , at the end of the day its sporting and as such the terrain dictates what we can and cant do and its not always going to suit all im afraid , but as you can see from from phils video we have accomodated quite alot and welcome people that just get on with it