nearly here.

gwion wright

Season must be close as I'm back in the wife's bad books again :(

Yeah, I perhaps pushed thing too far asking her to go into work late and sort the kids. She agreed and when she became puzzled and asked I said because its the first and walked off (it didn't go down that great)Started muttering something about work life balance and other such stuff but the guns they make me deaf you know

I was on the way up to my perm this evening an passed a stubble field of mine just away from the farm an there were at least 200 to 300 geese on it, I can't wait to have a pop at them

I was on the way up to my perm this evening an passed a stubble field of mine just away from the farm an there were at least 200 to 300 geese on it, I can't wait to have a pop at them

I am 104 and getting my limbering exercises done ready for the long walk out with all that heavy kit :lol:

Well you aint during to bad for a 104yr old "Kent", some of the chaps round my way had to give up fowling in there 90s and just stick to during a couple of marathons a year, so keep up the exercises and take a cod liver oil capsule each day and you will be fine for a few more years.

Its definitely nearly here because the only time my dad buys shells is for the season, couple of boxes of alfamax and three boxes of clever mirage 3 1/3" 66 gram cases not much changes of of forty quid for it all, they are all lead shells as we will be flighting ducks and geese inland this year.

Bring it on, only one problem though lots of fields of cereal still not cut so tuere will be loads of feeding for the birds wihich might be a problem

Why would they have moved200-300 geese will have cleared a field in a motter of a day and moved on to the next

Depends on the amount of food. For the last two years I've had hundreds of geese feeding on a single barley stubble for weeks. Next door to marsh a couple of seasons ago, there was at least 2000 pinks on a wheat stubble for well over a week!

If geese can clear the field of food in a day, there is very, very little food there.

Its definitely nearly here because the only time my dad buys shells is for the season, couple of boxes of alfamax and three boxes of clever mirage 3 1/3" 66 gram cases not much changes of of forty quid for it all, they are all lead shells as we will be flighting ducks and geese inland this year.

Bring it on, only one problem though lots of fields of cereal still not cut so tuere will be loads of feeding for the birds wihich might be a problem

I've tried the 62/66 gram lead stuff in the past. You get a lot more kick and cost for very little improvement on a 50 gram shell. Eventually I started to use them up by using them as my third shot at a skien. Just my take on them :good:

Be interesting to see how many Canada's are around this year. We normally get them up for the moult and they're usually shot at and left by the 3rd but I wonder if folk have had a pop at them since they've gone on the general licence. Find out on Monday.