Calling all fly fishermen

rascal_2005

..also confidence plays a massive part.

I have dozens of green montana's I used nothing else when I first started, even catching grown on trout that should know better on them, then it was buzzers....

Confidence is a known attractor of all fish :yes: Truth be known if you don't know why your changing fly then don't as you cant catch fish without your hook in the water.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a lot of advise so far and almost every fly imaginable has been suggested. My advise is wherever you fish get to know the old guy in the battered hat and not wearing a smart fly fishing vest. Find out what he is using and use the same. Most of these types of old sports will probably actually give you a couple to try out, because you can bet your life he makes them himself and will enjoy seeing you catch with one of his patterns.

:good: Flys catch fishermen before they catch fish.

Quite a lot of advise so far and almost every fly imaginable has been suggested. My advise is wherever you fish get to know the old guy in the battered hat and not wearing a smart fly fishing vest. Find out what he is using and use the same. Most of these types of old sports will probably actually give you a couple to try out, because you can bet your life he makes them himself and will enjoy seeing you catch with one of his patterns.