a question for daystate wolverine owners

kiffy

hii folks, im seriously thinking about buying a new airgun and at the moment am in a position that ive never been in and can afford (just) to treat myself to a daystate... before anyone makes comments about my manufacturer choice a daystate to me has always been a dream gun.... i know theres many many other brands of guns out there that shoot equally as well and look just as good, even though it doesnt make any difference really we all have to be honest and say looks do play a part and generally their all cheaper but as said i want a daystate :)

so back to my question, im tempted by the sub 12 wolverine but will consider any of the range as long as they do an ambi or left hand stock option. so i wondered what current owners thought of the wolverine over other daystates they have used. and which one you think i should go for

hii folks, im seriously thinking about buying a new airgun and at the moment am in a position that ive never been in and can afford (just) to treat myself to a daystate... before anyone makes comments about my manufacturer choice a daystate to me has always been a dream gun.... i know theres many many other brands of guns out there that shoot equally as well and look just as good, even though it doesnt make any difference really we all have to be honest and say looks do play a part and generally their all cheaper but as said i want a daystate :)

so back to my question, im tempted by the sub 12 wolverine but will consider any of the range as long as they do an ambi or left hand stock option. so i wondered what current owners thought of the wolverine over other daystates they have used. and which one you think i should go for

Evo is your man to speak to mate, nice guy willing to share advice.

I have an Airwolf and really can't fault it too much! I haven't really had chance to compare it to the rest of the range though... If there was one downside it would maybe be that it was a little heavy, but it's so well balanced that you don't really notice it. The large, consistent shot count is such a nice thing to have, not even thinking about filling up or when it is at its peak in performance

kiffy, I,ll probably get moaned at for replying to you re the daystate wolverine b,,

can I just say I firstly bought a huntsman classic NEW and have to be very honest ,,other than leaving the factory with a chrono of 10.4ftlb the gun was totally faultless I never had one single problem with it at all,,not one,after being so impressed with the huntsman I then decided to go the full hog and buy a Daystate Airwolf CDT .22, again this was set at 10.5ftlb on leaving the factory and again the gun was totally faultless, my huntsman was accurate (also .22) but the feel and smoothness of the airwolf just took my thoughts about daystate to another level,the huntsman was mechanical and the Airwolf was electronic so the only thing the bolt did on the airwolf was to select the next pellet, it was a truelly fantastic rifle in everyway,

I read about the wolverine b and spoke to tony belas and on taking the airwolf to daystate to have the power increased to 11.6ftlb he let me try out the then NEW wolverine b,

this might sound strange but the wolverine b felt like a mixture of the two other daystates I owned, it had the mechanical feel of the huntsman yet the smoothness of the Airwolf,

I then decided instantly that I wanted one so I decided to sell my huntsman classic .22 and bsar10mk2 both excellent rifles,mint ans faultless and buy the daystate wolverine b in .177,

whilst waiting for my gun to be built I was having second thoughts,have I done the right thing ? will I regret selling my two rifles ? well all I can say is its probably one of the most correct decisions I have ever made,

The wolverine b has surpassed what I really thought it would be like, it really is lovely to shoulder and feels perfectly balanced, on the plus side it has an excellent shot count, you also cannot double load and being .177 it has the flatter trajectory,it did have one fault and that was it would not select the 10th pellet so a 1/4 turn on the magazine screw and the rifle was perfect,i can honestly say i have been very happy with the wolverine b for its looks, performance and mostly its accuracy but the one thing I have been really impressed with is its consistency to shoot pellets at 11.6ftlb it is effortless to select the next pellet with its bolt, the trigger has a fantastic feel to it also

I have since sold my Daystate Airwolf .22 due to being that impressed with the wolverine b and also my poor dog needing an op,

its a rifle that will stay with me until I drop, it has also already accounted for a good few rabbits day and night and being in .177 it has made my night time shooting so much easier with the trajectory being flatter ,it just is a total dream to shoot,

my HONEST OPINION is go for it ,,in .177 and you certainly will be impressed just how good it is, it really is a Daystate to treasure, I certainly will NEVER sell mine

hope this helps

Evo

ps ,,,here,s a pic of mine

daystatewolverine177004_zps7e09539c.jpg

daystatewolverine177020_zps225afde0.jpg

bluetitandwolverinemagpie005_zpsf33f3293

thanks guys, and thanks evo :good:

i was tempted by the wolverine, strangly the c version that although turned off by the plastic front end on first seeing it has really grown on me and its easy enough to fit a bipod. i also really liked the idea of the electronic ones as im a gadget freak and they look brilliant, then theres the huntsman regal... gorgeous somewhat retro looks... never has gun choise been so difficult

from what youve said it does look like i might go for the wolverine... calibre is the next thing, i bought a springer a while back as a change to my much loved pcp and it was a 177, not what i wanted as i wanted a 22 but its been ok, better than i thought but i do like the idea of a .20 to get a sort of best of both worlds... will have to look for the release date as i know theres one coming

all i have to do now is look for a shop with offers on, i know BAR had a deal going on the regal rcently so there are deals around

• 2 weeks later...

well i did it... went down my local gun shop today to drop a shotgun off for an RFD transfer and to have a nose at a wolverine C and fell in love. sadly they only had .177 in stock (and they had a load of them) but the .22 are in next week so i handed over my wad of cash for a wolverine and airstream mk6 mod and am back down next friday. already bought an mtc viper to go on it and bought an air bottle as well as im fed up with a stirup pump.

Have a look at the Westy trays as well for single shots when not using the magazine. They can be put in either way for left or right loading as have 4 magnets and slope in towards the pellet channel with a high back to stop it rolling through. Makes loading very easy for target shooting. Most clubs insist on the magazine being removed when moving from target to target.

My ticket is in for renewal at mo. Been told that it will be middle of October if i order a Wolverine FAC doing 30ft lbs with in the next week. So im hoping it will arrived through the door some time next week so i can order one in asap. Cant wait to get my hands on one now.

Edited by deputy dog

Hi deputy dog..sorry everybody for going off thread.

You should (if you have a good relationship with your rfd) be able to order your wolverine without your ticket..I ordered my huntsman fac without showing my ticket.

Hopefully getting it on the 22nd....

Regards brett

Hi Brett

Yes bud I have thought about that, but I live in Wales and will be getting it from The Airgun Centre as I did my Huntsman Regal. I'm doing the 10 month 0% finance deal they have on offer with Daystate Rifles. I'm putting down half the money as deposit and doing the rest over the 10 month period installments. That way the other half of the budget I got for the rifle can go on a decent scope and maybe a bipod.

Been after one since they came out but chose to wait an save for it, as well as read as many reviews on it as I could. So far it's proved to be a good investment to pick, as most of the reviews I've read have been very positive and the negatives were just teething troubles which you can get with any make rifle.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it now, it's just a matter of waiting for my ticket to come back. God help the crows then lol, especially the longer ranged ones my Regal just can't push to.

Regards

Gareth

• 2 weeks later...

another question for you wolverine owners, what gun cases do you use? i have buffalo river rifle case that its to big for and even a quite big roll up jack pyke rifle slip and its to big for that.. bipod doesnt help but im keen to leave it on and its got a large scope as well so am after a new case, any reccomendations?