Help to identify this shotgun maker please

Stratts

Hi guys anyone have a clue as to the identity of this Spanish made 12g shotgun please.

30" barrels sxs double trigger non ejector chambered for 3" cartridges.

How do you tell if it's proofed for steel?

How do you know what chokes the barrels are?

Any other info needed to help please shout,

Cheers

Stratts

IMG_0060_zpseb519b4d.jpg

IMG_0062_zps2a697c2a.jpg

IMG_0065_zps76a498e0.jpg

IMG_0068_zpsc9cd735f.jpg

IMG_0066_zps5002b0e8.jpg

IMG_0067_zpsd88a9528.jpg

IMG_0064_zpsb8150777.jpg

The stars * on the barrels in pic 4 show the chokes (i think) 1 star = full and 3 = 1/2. no fleurdale so not steel proofed.

in pic 5 the 2 marks below the word best the letf on is the Eibar proof house mark and the right hand one is the nitro proof mark

hope this helps

and if i'm wrong can someone who knows what they are talking about please jump in :)

The stars stamped on the tubes signify what the choke was when the gun was made/proofed. * is Full, *** half. However, what you cannot tell without a proper gauge is whether the chokes have been opened out since it was made. Doesnt appear to have the Fluer Delyse mark for steel; have a look at the BASC site which shows you the mark. The proof pressure of 1000 Kp/cm2 suggests 3inch lead loads only. I believe the HP steel is 1200 Kp. But with the LH choke eased out you can still use the normal (Non HP) steel loads. Cant help with who made it, but sure someone will come up with a name.

Edited by JJsDad

A few manufacturers stamped best on their guns F Sarriugarte was one , Your gun has F A D stamped on the barrels and the FBI gun manufacturer list gives the FAD marking as a spanish gunmaker called Fade but gives no other information.

I have found a few other FAD marked guns dated up to 1984 but non after ,This would make me think that Fade was one of the gun-makers that joined the ill fated Diarm Spanish gun-makers group in the mid 80's and folded in 88/89 leaving quite a few makers out of business and to fade into oblivion, In America they are going for around the 800 dollars mark in good condition.

I would like to give it a thorough clean up before putting up for sale, what's the best way and product to use to clean the metalwork all round the engraving, etc? It hasn't been neglected but it hasn't been cleaned after every outing either!!

Cheers