my new truck

dobbin66

What model?

Reason I ask is that a friend of mine has the sr180 D-cat........loves it EXCEPT that it has run flat tyres, only 1 place within a 40 mile radius that can change them due to the steel insert, costs £50 just to change the thing not including the 200 and odd pound for the tyre, :no:

they only made them for the sr180 and the t180

just thought you should know

:shaun:

If it does have run flats just sell them and buy normal ones. They are rubbish in every possible way. Got rid of them on both my bmw's and the ride quality and comfort was much better and the tyres are cheaper.

Yes normally I would agree but it's more than the tyre, it has a steel insert

Also you would invalidate your insurance if you didnt tell them......it would be a modification

He did look into doing away with the tyres but was tols he would have to buy new wheels also because of the fitment

• 3 weeks later...

What model?

Reason I ask is that a friend of mine has the sr180 D-cat........loves it EXCEPT that it has run flat tyres, only 1 place within a 40 mile radius that can change them due to the steel insert, costs £50 just to change the thing not including the 200 and odd pound for the tyre, :no:

they only made them for the sr180 and the t180

just thought you should know

The Mrs has the t180, we had the same problem when it came to new boots, I took to each wheel with a 4 " grinder, now she has 4 Hankook Ventus tyres at £90 each and 4 cans of tyre weld in the boot!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If it does have run flats just sell them and buy normal ones. They are rubbish in every possible way. Got rid of them on both my bmw's and the ride quality and comfort was much better and the tyres are cheaper.

Did you find your run flats noisy?