Used Shotgun Advertisements, take care

joecash

I have noticed that there are quite a few shotguns being advertised by both private and trade sellers on "gun sale sites" that are a marriage of parts without that fact being disclosed by the seller. This poor practice appears to be on the increase. Anyone else noticed?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aware of what ?

You are suggesting there are numerous `dodgy` adverts by both the gun trade & private sellers without even the slightest

suggestion of what you mean my a "marriage of parts". Replacement or sleeved barrels are a marriage of parts, so is a new stock; however

these are inviably pointed out by the seller, in which case there is no intent to deceive.

Don't think your getting a bashing and sure people will appreciate the heads up but some examples would help. I buy and sell a fair number of guns and truly interested in what you have seen as I genuinely have missed it but then I know what I'm looking at and for.

But my interest and knowledge is around quality clay guns so if cheaper stuff then interested what the type and examples of this are.

Edited by Dibs

only stating what I observed xx it would appear, that to some, it's a hanging offence xx i hope i get a hearty meal before the trap door falls!

My apologies, I wasn't laughing at you but rather the typical PW deadpan comment I responded to. Just tickled me.

I think the problem may be that you stated there were 'quite a few' in your opening post,and then only mentioned one when asked for examples, but wont be drawn as to which sites and which guns. PWatchers often require a bit more 'meat' on their topics ; something they can get their teeth into. If someone is conning someone, then don't be shy, tell us.

Please guys, if you are going to post some form of controversy or alleged deceitful practice on here, then back it up with evidence of a sort and forget the name and shame opt out. If you don't have the 'balls' to back up the post, then it is nothing more than conjecture, and the post turns into a discussion on the 'post' and not its content. So either speak up or shut up? In the words of the great Mr T 'Get some nuts!'

You can always offer it as an opinion, which will prevent any liable or slander claims.

Why is everyone so scared to warn others about those who allegedly deceive or act dishonestly?

Please guys, if you are going to post some form of controversy or alleged deceitful practice on here, then back it up with evidence of a sort and forget the name and shame opt out. If you don't have the 'balls' to back up the post, then it is nothing more than conjecture, and the post turns into a discussion on the 'post' and not its content. So either speak up or shut up? In the words of the great Mr T 'Get some nuts!'

You can always offer it as an opinion, which will prevent any liable or slander claims.

Why is everyone so scared to warn others about those who allegedly deceive or act dishonestly?

+1