Faulty new browning??

a303

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come, come folks on this forum there must be 98 percent of Browning and Baretta owners always telling us how perfect there guns are and what great service

Have some been talking porkies

I think the experience is often dealers. I have never owned a Browning - but I have two Berettas, one bought new (about 15 years ago now). I had some problems with that (misfires) when new - and was sorted by the dealer (now gone) without difficulty (though it took two visits to get right) - but I think it is easier in a clear cut case as mine - where it regularly misfired. Anyway, I had no complaints.

Have just spoken to a gunsmith that has assured me that it is not normal wear by any means.

So far the response from my dealer and if what he says what browning has said is correct, it is a utter disgrace and this will be the last browning I will ever purchase and will steer fellow shooters away from this certain rfd who is doing his upmost to *** me off even though the problem has been acknowledged.

Come, come folks on this forum there must be 98 percent of Browning and Baretta owners always telling us how perfect there guns are and what great service

Possibly... But the attitude of some in the gun trade makes me wonder how they stay in business or why they're even in a customer based business in the first place. Of the 4 dealers within 20 miles of me I'll only place business with one of them and the last new gun I bought was from a dealer over 70 miles away - and I would happily use them again.

If I was treated like the OP I'd name the dealer on the WWW, or at least threaten to.

There are laws about this kind of thing and many ways to ramp up the pressure until the dealer meets his obligations.

The RFD's I dealt with have been excellent in every facet.

My axe to grind is with the UK importers.

Browning have a poor reputation in the UK gun trade for end user customer service. Its the poor dealers who usually end up being moaned at by disgruntled customers.

I was merely airing my personal experience, one shared with about 12 other customers who bought guns of the same batch with the same fault at the same time.

Would an acknowledgement of the issue via a measly email have been a bridge too far?

I have owned my Browning for the best part of 13 years on and off

only problem was about 2 months ago when one of the ejector slide pins snapped,

Took it to my local gunsmith and been fine since

No complaints here

Had a fallout with the dealer I bought it from regarding the aluminium case that wasn't forthcoming, dragged on for about 4 months being fobbed off,

Got in touch with Browning and had it sorted within a week

:shaun:

I have owned my Browning for the best part of 13 years on and off

only problem was about 2 months ago when one of the ejector slide pins snapped,

Took it to my local gunsmith and been fine since

No complaints here

Had a fallout with the dealer I bought it from regarding the aluminium case that wasn't forthcoming, dragged on for about 4 months being fobbed off,

Got in touch with Browning and had it sorted within a week

:shaun:

You having a laugh your forgetting a good few of us has seen you shoot the bloody thing :ninja::lol:

I'm not naming the dealer whilst this is ongoing. As there is a very strong possibility that I will be starting proceedings through the small claims court.

I am giving the rfd a chance to sort this out before I post names and copies of all the letters that have been sent and received.

I shall also be contacting browning UK in due time with copies of the same.

I have already had legal advise as to what my rights are in this situation. And trading standards will also be contacted.

I'm not naming the dealer whilst this is ongoing. As there is a very strong possibility that I will be starting proceedings through the small claims court.

I am giving the rfd a chance to sort this out before I post names and copies of all the letters that have been sent and received.

I shall also be contacting browning UK in due time with copies of the same.

I have already had legal advise as to what my rights are in this situation. And trading standards will also be contacted.

If you do intend further action, you are wise to restrict anything you post here to anonymous generality (as has been done so far) until such time as any action is concluded.

Just gotten off the phone with Browning.

They say the wear on only 1 side is normal due to such tight hand fitted tolerances.

Couldn't answer why the right hand side is unmarked.

They said If it has been back to their workshop then it must be fine.........

Why do I get the feeling that I'm been fobbed off??

Anyone else got a funny wearing Browning on here??

725pic11-1.jpg

See if this link works.

The areas that are in red are the points that have worn. The lower through the jewelling / engine turning. and the upper part of the barrel has worn through the bluing.

I gave them the serial number of the gun in question and the guy I spoke to must have know about it as he said ' you mean the engine turning that you refer to as jewelling' so I assume that they have been talking about it in the office. Probably joking about hows the best way to *** this guy off!

725pic11-1.jpg

See if this link works.

The areas that are in red are the points that have worn. The lower through the jewelling / engine turning. and the upper part of the barrel has worn through the bluing.

I gave them the serial number of the gun in question and the guy I spoke to must have know about it as he said ' you mean the engine turning that you refer to as jewelling' so I assume that they have been talking about it in the office. Probably joking about hows the best way to *** this guy off!

I think mine will have the same, if I remember rightly. Will post up some pics of mine for you tomorrow.

Just a bit of advice on SOGA - in the first 6 months it is up to the retailer (with the support of the manufacturer) but not you directly to the manufacturer - to disprove that there is a fault. If you go direct you have a chance that the retailer might remove himself from the chain. After 6 months it is up to the purchaser to prove that there is a fault (ie independent gunsmith report).

The main underlying premise in your part is under the "fit for purpose" area -ie it isn't - in my opinion

Hope that helps

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the heads up on the SOGA. Does it qualify for fit for purpose......... Maybe, maybe not.

Does it qualify for unsatisfactory quality..... On a cheap Turkish built £600 quid jobby, nope.

On a £2400 grade 3 'quality' shotgun, most probably.

Im concerned that if it looks like this after 500 shots, what's it going to be like after a couple of years? It's just seemed to be getting worse. Whilst the right hand side is like new.

I'm bothered that there's every chance the barrels are mounted left of centre and that when the time comes that I want to sell it, that the marks will have devalued it to prospective buyers or it's trade in value.

Would you buy a 2nd hand gun with such marks??