Windproof jumpers

grahamch

Had a Musto for 10 yrs, had been excellent but it now seems to be shrinking (??) so also checking around for a replacement because they seem to have changed the design.

Seems there's Laksen and Seeland on the shooting shops. Also found Pinewood and Nauticalia on Amazin.

Most of the windproofs seem to be over the £100 mark.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are XXL you can go wrong with one of thease bought one last week well impressed

full windproof lining the works

http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/search/14454-harkila-clifford-windstopper-full-zip-sweater-3863.html

not normally into jumpers and cardys but tried it on in the shop and had to buy

Thanks for the heads up on this one - its a great jumper for £60!

Buffalo mountain gear is hard to beat, in terms of warmth and wind blocking. I use a mountain shirt for carp fishing in the winter and 99% of the time it's worn next to skin without a base layer. When the temps start dropping further, a Snugpak jacket over the top sees me comfortable to well below freezing temps. A base layer will hold moisture, where as the pile used in the Buffalo is better at wicking away moisture. There are pit zips fitted, so this can regulate body temperature as well.

It's not cheap, but it's very well made, does as it claims and will last a life time if looked after.

Seconded. I have used the Special 6 shirt for about 15 years now. The combination of fibre pile on the inside and pertex on the outside had not been bettered. I have not worn them out. The army finally decided to issue a copy of one (its more like the lighter teclite shirt) after soldiers had been buying their own for maybe 25 years.

If you get wet just keep it on and your body heat will pump the water out. They dry quickly. I also use a copy made by Montane for skiing which has a heavier pile.