Bramble whiskey?

wildfowler.250

ive made quite a bit over the years and have learned no to add as much sugar as you would with sloe gin. I found it best to go with half the amount and add a wee bit if it needs. Guy on our shoot made some and it was the best Ive tasted but he just added what sugar he had and didnae no how much hed actually put in.

Use 1 pound of fruit for every litre of whiskey and add sugar after a few weeks, I say this because if you add the sugar at the start the natural sugars in the fruit are not released as well and I find the flavour is not quite the same. Add sugar to your own taste isn't a set amount. Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just dropped in here to get some ideas. My mum has taken to picking blackberries when she's walking the dog and offered to get me some, so as the lazy ******* that I am, I accepted them with gratitude and came straight home to look up a recipe!

I've got 1.2kg of them so I'll lob them in with a litre of whisky and see what happens. I like the idea of adding sugar to taste later. Makes sense that.

How much sugar do you all use? Half the amount to sloe gin is a good point, but then I know between my mates their sloe gin varies wildly too! I go for half sugar to sloe weight myself, so should I aim for 1/4 with blackberries?

Edit... Oh, a litre per pound. Best shove another 1.5l in there then. Hey ho :ernyha:

Edited by njc110381

Cook the blackberries off first and add the sugar. Keep adding sugar till its good but not sickly. I then add half a spoon more of sugar before adding to whiskey. Big bottle and fill with whiskey and BlackBerry until the berries are covered.

Shale once a week for and start tasting after a month until your with the taste. I get someone who doesn't like whiskey to taste, once they like them its just about there. I get the us masher in as well to really get it going.

I double filter to end with a bit free drink.

New batch done and Charlie brown was the teat pilot on it

• 3 weeks later...