back in the Groove...

ditchman

had to nip off to do a bit of shopping...left the missus asleep on the sofa, so i thought i would take the A303 and give it a try with the new Skeet choke i bought 2 days ago from Richardsons @£27.00 bloody quid

Stopped on the edge of the wheat field the farmer wants me to keep an eye on...did it half-heartedly got out and loaded up ....nothing...so i sounded the horn..............

WEEEELLL......it looked as the the whole wheatfield lifted off....and they wernt interested what noise was going on they were there to stay....i had one damn box of cartridges and i was feeding them into the auto like a gooden.......that skeet choke did the buiss' i was knocking them out at 25 to 40 yards and not "mashing" them up...whereas before they had broken wings broken legs mashed bodies...just too much choke....picked 21 for a box of cartridges and a few in the pocket so i was well chuffed......

Left the sxs at the gunsmiths and having the chokes cut out to imp'cyl and 1/4....so that will be like my game gun i had to sell

had a quick look at the rape field on the way back rape just popping thro'..nothing about cept the partridge which will go in my pot in a few more weeks.............got back home expecting dogs to be fed.............still there snoring her head off on the sofa !...not a pretty sight....

Thats one hell of an average!

i rekon i had maybe 5 in my pocket plus one unopened box....the birds were just cutting infront of me left to right and right to left....i was standing infront of the landrover and they didnot pay a blind bit of notice to me...it was just up-thro-bang...and i was standing up so i could move...

beleive me Jdog....that does not happen all the time...since i have got these new guns...shooting has gone to hell in a basket.....

Last week i was shooting more like "chickweed"....not "digweed".... :whistling: