Pheasant poult gone off legs

Walking round the pen today and picked up my first ill bird in the 2 weeks I've had them. It seemed completely normal, clean vent and plenty of weight, but it had lost use of its legs. It could still move them, but couldn't support its self on them. Any body have any idea, or is it just one of those things?

As rich1985 has said hopefully its a one off? Keep a close eye on them and if you loose anymore sent the body to a poultry vet for a post mortem asap.

I had a similar experience this year with an exlayer. It was a dark colour hen that I picked up on two occasions in the first week after release. Made a full recovery saw it by the pen last night. Its been 8 weeks since I released. I know its the same bird as it was the only dark one.

Good Luck

Not seen it in pheasants, but when I've had chickens go off their legs with no other symptoms it's been worms - the first year we lost a lot until I finally got to the bottom of it. We keep on top of it now and all our birds (pheasant, partridge and chickens) are all wormed regularly.

Have they been wormed?