new arms for magnet

unico1

Could any one tell me the best arms to get for magnet as I can't find mine for love nor money. I had some made before that were a little longer and flexi than the norm. Also the best wing attachment that withstands the windyist days. Thanks.

Depends if you have access to a small mig welder?

Pinewood arms are very well made, I would ( and have) made cradles out of 5mm welding rod and 3.2 mm welding rod

The same configuration as a flapper set up the centre spike and 2 arms welded off the spike, they have 2 small s bend on the end ( the same as most flapper arms)

A lot of cradles rely on a small crocodile clip (they break) to hold the wing tip out, mine fix on the wing's elbow joint, thus the flight feathers are free to move in the rotation and wind.

All you will need to do is mod the ends of the pinewood arms to fit your machine, the other end the cradle will fit straight in!!

TEH

Thanks for that I have an a1 flapper do you use the same wing attachment as that ie break the wings bend forward onto spike then back. Phil

Yes....I took a bird off for you to have a look, my pigeons live on the cradles and go back in the freezer until they need changing.

Had this pair about 3 seasons and they get a bit of stick, cheap as chips and work a treat.

Make sure you put a little bar on the bend to stop the wing working its self back.

002_zps5a8b73ea.jpg

TEH