John Norris

stokie

I'm not tight with my money and I'm no snob but I was looking throu the latest catalog and got wondering who the hell pays those prices . It's not a gripe against JN by any means . I know you only get what you pay for but come on £250 for a waist coat £600 for a jacket £550 for a coat £350 for boots . Could you justify spending that amount of cash

Its the old adage though...you get what you pay for....

I've got a Barbour jacket I paid £85 for almost 30 years ago... and that was a lot of money then..the equivalent is £300 plus now and its still as good today as it was then..

Look at it like an investment of 30 per year for 10 years and its well worth it.

Her in doors is a clothes and shoes expert..( aren't they all ) and even she agrees that much of my country wear is top quality and made to last.

New toggs for the new season, no surprise the prices are high. There are plenty of guns that only shoot October to February, and pay thousands to do so, so a new waistcoat for £250 is small change really. I'm sure the prices will drop in a few months.

Edited by FalconFN

I tried on two Musto long sleeve rain proof clay shooting garments today, both looked the biz style wise but the high collar on one would probably not be too clever for mounting, the material on both was about as thin as it gets and would last five minutes in a hard environment like pigeon shooting, yet one was £100 and the other £135 !! They also do a very fetching skeet vest which is 80% wife beater net vest for a measly £85. :rolleyes::lol:

They don't do themselves any favours some of these companies, I would consider them steep at half those prices, I could easily imagine finding similar quality gear at £40 in certain sports shops.

Its the old adage though...you get what you pay for....I've got a Barbour jacket I paid £85 for almost 30 years ago... and that was a lot of money then..the equivalent is £300 plus now and its still as good today as it was then.. Look at it like an investment of 30 per year for 10 years and its well worth it.

Her in doors is a clothes and shoes expert..( aren't they all ) and even she agrees that much of my country wear is top quality and made to last.

I've got a mohair suit like that , I paid 14 guineas for it, tailor made too, I've had it for more than thirty years, still in the wardrobe as new.

Mind you I've not worn it for the last thirty.

I tried on two Musto long sleeve rain proof clay shooting garments today, both looked the biz style wise but the high collar on one would probably not be too clever for mounting, the material on both was about as thin as it gets and would last five minutes in a hard environment like pigeon shooting, yet one was £100 and the other £135 !! They also do a very fetching skeet vest which is 80% wife beater net vest for a measly £85. :rolleyes::lol: They don't do themselves any favours some of these companies, I would consider them steep at half those prices, I could easily imagine finding similar quality gear at £40 in certain sports shops.

Have a look at Castellani vests in mesh, same price as Musto Clay Jackets.

The likes of Barbour used to be very good qaulity but sadly not anymore, unless you buy a wax jacket.

The tweeds are getting very thin and some are now technical material printed like tweed. I thought I'll buy Barbour and buy once, went into the shop and was disappointed.

Figgy

Not a comment about what John Norris sells, but a very positive comment on the customer service they provide. I've bought a few things from there in their sales, and I have been very impressed with the service, they have even price matched other internet retailers when I asked!

Not a comment about what John Norris sells, but a very positive comment on the customer service they provide. I've bought a few things from there in their sales, and I have been very impressed with the service, they have even price matched other internet retailers when I asked!

Yes credit where it's due, I buy from them regularly and not only is delivery fast but any exchanges are dealt with quickly.

Its the old adage though...you get what you pay for....

I've got a Barbour jacket I paid £85 for almost 30 years ago... and that was a lot of money then..the equivalent is £300 plus now and its still as good today as it was then..

Look at it like an investment of 30 per year for 10 years and its well worth it.

FM, you are going to have to replace it all in a few months aren't you? At least the Essex boys can buy your old gear.....

As I have said on here before. 90% of All my clothes including shoes and not just for shooting are either Barbour or Musto and I have never paid those type of high prices for anything. I'm going down to Charmouth this Saturday where I will be stopping on the way at a shop where this time last year in their sale I bought 3 great Barbour shirts for £22 each.

I always thought £6.95 was less than £7.00.

Rimfire, just in case you are still in doubt I can confirm for you that £6.95 is less than £7.00.

The point I tried to make, but failed obviously in your case, was that I could send up to 5Kg which is nowhere near the weight of a jumper and pair of short socks for the same price.

Edited by EMcC