Paper shells!

Guest cookoff013

Nice work FC, they just need printing with an interesting name in gold and would grace any good pheasant drive! :good:

now that is something i`d like done with my "signature" subsonic shells. labelled as "silent but deadly"

i`d love to print that stuff, or create an old style...

loaded by cookoff industries, 221a Baker street london. etc....

now that is something i`d like done with my "signature" subsonic shells. labelled as "silent but deadly"

No **** Sherlock! :innocent: but wasn't it 'B'? :rolleyes:

Edited by panoma1

Used three crowns unvarnished cases used banana oil on the crimps .I have some new paper 65mm paper cases given to me by a long gone friend. Taital Sudan on the head and picture of rocket ship on side .I have had them 40 years .Dipper.

Correct! Banana oil was used. I believe the case may have been waxed. I have an ancient unfired one here - in bad shape. It is marked 'HULL CARTRIDGE CO. LTD.' The headstamp is 'SPECIAL SMOKELESS' and a '12' either side.

Edited by Floating Chamber

Then you need to speak to John about one of these :lol:

http://####.co.uk/Misctools.htm

Iv'e a full box of eley gas tight knocking about some where and some 3 inch 10 bore eley rolled turn overs , they knew how to make good carts back in the day .

those green hymax where my favorite duck cart in the 70s along with alpamax now they where a well made shell !

memory lane aye lads

Iv'e a full box of eley gas tight knocking about some where and some 3 inch 10 bore eley rolled turn overs , they knew how to make good carts back in the day .

those green hymax where my favorite duck cart in the 70s along with alpamax now they where a well made shell !

memory lane aye lads

Wow! Gastight! Brick red paper case, rolled turnover. Varnish dipped. The bee's knees in the early 1960s.

I bought my only box from Fenwick's in Wolverhampton. 23/6d a box! Dearer than

Alphamax at the time.

DSC00186.jpg

These are copper capped shells from the 1930/40s. Given to me recently by a Policeman friend.

Edited by Floating Chamber

Wow! Gastight! Brick red paper case, rolled turnover. Varnish dipped. The bee's knees in the early 1960s.

I bought my only box from Fenwick's in Wolverhampton. 23/6d a box! Dearer than

Alphamax at the time.

DSC00186.jpg

These are copper capped shells from the 1930/40s. Given to me recently by a Policeman friend.

lol would that be £1 .3shillings and 6d = 117.1/2 pence in new money ,the ones iv'e got are a bit newer than those it's a one pice folded box but the carts look simllar :good:

Could you explain how you go about making them. I have about 50 odd brass cartridge heads for this purpose. I intended to pull the plastic from the head, turn a wooden dowel on the lathe and use it to roll paper tubes using co loured cartridge paper glue them into the brass head using PVA and paper mulch varnish them. Drill through the mulch to clear the primer pocket, re prime and so on... is this the right way to go about it.

Could you explain how you go about making them. I have about 50 odd brass cartridge heads for this purpose. I intended to pull the plastic from the head, turn a wooden dowel on the lathe and use it to roll paper tubes using co loured cartridge paper glue them into the brass head using PVA and paper mulch varnish them. Drill through the mulch to clear the primer pocket, re prime and so on... is this the right way to go about it.

You could just buy the paper cases. I very much doubt anyone makes their own cases apart from the big bore and punt gun shooters.

• 1 month later...