jimny as a first car

WinchesterDave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's got a riveted on tin front section of roof for extra roof skidding protection, a bull bar to help with finding how close to the car park barriers you can get to, and a tow bar on the back as a reverse parking aid... (When you hear a ding stop).

And it gets treated to light off road work and as you can see, that track becomes very sticky at the best of times and just in front (out of shot) is a hill into the field, which can prove amusing to try to get up after shutting the gate!

A great, cheap motor - people would say 'no thrills' but I say it's all thrills - got CD/Radio with USB and Aux (I fitted it) and electric windows and the heater works well and it turns on and off and drives alright too.

And with some of the things I've used it for, I'm really glad it's not in mint condition inside and outside lol.

The vitara is a rotbox not as good off road as the jimney which also rots been down this road time and time again, pardon the pun, had a fronterra 2.5 tds (vm engine) which did everything I wanted but that also rotted from under me now have a honda hrv which I find great It's the 2wd version not the 4wd so I don't get cocky and have to call the tractor out 3 in the morning when you get bogged down to the axels it does close to 40mpg and being a honda doesn't rust but it's not over roomy inside if you go the way of the suzuki check thoroughly for rust or you'll buy into a nightmare, jimney heads crack as well if abused, just my opinion, but then again had a 413 and loved it but that also ended up in oxide heaven

Haha yea, I believe you - the Cadbury's flake wrapper I used for a 5 shot grouping the other day worked a treat, great colour to be visible at 100 yards lol. And UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT, so definitely yours haha :-).Great cars the Vitara, It's been used every day since I brought it apart from when i've been away on business. My colleagues weren't too impressed when I picked them up to take us all the Gatwick from mine though, but I found it hilarious. Used the valet parking thing too and the chap in a suit and high vis taking the car from me's face was simply priceless. Winchester Dave: Here's my beaut - you could be impressing many a chick with one similar your self too!BBD17DA6-DCF8-459E-A878-B1B9FF193CAA-492

nowt wrong with them skid pan roofs, defo turns the chicks heads, as for the flake wrapper I sure it was full when my lad dropped it

Vit for me, runs a sweet as a nut,got the sills cut out and done properly. Ripped the rooflining out and all the carpets banged in a couple of shooting hatches.I stand on the bonnet to look over hedges,scrape it down hedges but just get the paint roller out every now and again.The green gilbert goes anywhere.Will definatly have another when it dies,but had 2 yrs solid use out of it so far with no advisories.Once got asked to be nominated driver one works xmas party.They expected me turning up in my other car,but I turned up in the green gilbert propper stinking of rabbit.Never been asked to drive again.

Edited by Davyo

Vit for me, runs a sweet as a nut,got the sills cut out and done properly. Ripped the rooflining out and all the carpets banged in a couple of shooting hatches.I stand on the bonnet to look over hedges,scrape it down hedges but just get the paint roller out every now and again.The green gilbert goes anywhere.Will definatly have another when it dies,but had 2 yrs solid use out of it so far with no advisories.Once got asked to be nominated driver one works xmas party.They expected me turning up in my other car,but I turned up in the green gilbert propper stinking of rabbit.Never been asked to drive again.

You don't have to worry about them being sick then. :good:

Hi I got it as part of a job lot secondhand from someone that had got a new jimny and seem to have had everything thrown in with it.to be honest they would be a lot better if you glued some sort of carpet on it as everything slides about, they do come up on ebay now and the but that big jimny site is a good please to put a post up if you were after one.i think they are very expensive new for what they are off the top of my head around £300.I got this lot for about £250 ish. That rear tray does allow the rear seats to still be fitted just folded down.

Forgot to add around £300 from Suzuki website.

post-71802-0-26614100-1411249091_thumb.jpg

Just out of curiosity really and speaking for the future reference, what's the jimny like to tow with? I know it's not a discovery or shogun haha and don't expect it to be anything like them lol but would it be able to tow for example a smallish caravan it's something me and my girlfriend want to get in to and it's juat a thought probably a silly question really

Cheers anyway

Dave.

I towed a 750kg Rapido pop top with a Kangoo 1500 Diesel no problem. Depends how big a caravan you want to tow. There are some vehicles that can't tow anything as they are not rated for towing so you will need to check. Sites online for this.

Freedom caravans do some smallish nice caravans. Their is a main sale place is at Stafford and they do come up on the bay regularly.

http://www.uktow.com/towing%20capacity.asp?make=Suzuki&model1=Jimny%201.3

There you go.

Caravan and camping club website do a lot of advice for towing about balancing you caravan correctly etc. http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/helpandadvice/

We didn't have to take an additional test to tow, but I understand new drivers have to now.

Edited by loriusgarrulus