PCP filling

Davyo

If you've got a manual kicking around it will be in there, but from memory, I think it recommends cocking (with safety on) if you are filling from empty. If you're just topping up - which is what you'll be doing most of the time - then you don't need to cock it. I never did with my Ultra SE and it filled just fine.

If you've got a manual kicking around it will be in there, but from memory, I think it recommends cocking (with safety on) if you are filling from empty. If you're just topping up - which is what you'll be doing most of the time - then you don't need to cock it. I never did with my Ultra SE and it filled just fine.

Cheers mate your bang on,just found the manual in the bullet safe.It states only to fill from empty with the rifle cocked otherwise just top up with safty on.

Back on the charging subject,i topped the gun back up today and this is the reading on the gun (its only 150bar), can't get anymore in?.Is this normal.

What is the pressure gauge on the cylinder showing?

You should never go by the gauge on the rifle - they are a guide at best, so always go by the gauge on the cylinder. They are a lot more accurate.

If the reading won't go any higher, it could also mean that the dive cylinder needs refilling. ;)

Edited by Les*1066

I would go by the gauge on the divers bottle and ignore the rifle. If they are both the same then dive bottle is needing a fill.

What is the pressure gauge on the cylinder showing?

You should never go by the gauge on the rifle - they are a guide at best, so always go by the gauge on the cylinder. They are a lot more accurate.

If the reading won't go any higher, it could also mean that the dive cylinder needs refilling. ;)

snap lol

Worst case is if you fill using the rifle gauge and it stops but the bottle is driving 250bar at it. Assuming the bottle is full then could be someone gas overdriven the gauge in the rifle before if second hand, or its just a dicky one as happens with new stuff. My gauge is about 5bar different between rifle and bottle so I use the bottle and stick with it, do my shot counts til100bar and pellet drop threshold etc. Wish I bought the se now. Getting tired lugging the at44 around.

Gun was bought brand new along with the bottle, however bottle has never been re filled.Just refilled the gun and took a pic of the dial on the bottle (think its 150bar).I never run the gun empty but i top it up before it gets taken out,even if its only had a couple of shots.

Sorry but quite new to PCP.

Dave

Edited by Davyo

Which is a pain, could do with knowing the bottle pressure before it needs filling as cant remember how many fills I have done. According to chairgun I should get 29 fills....if only I kept count. Wouldn't matter as I do top ups as well as refills if I am moving around my perm.

Edited by onatangent

Cheers i knew i could relay on the air rifle chaps.WIll run it up my local RDF in the morning,can't even remember what size bottle it is (set me back £200).When i took the kids up for new guns my eldest was trying a new OU,and the little one was just telling the guy what he wanted.Came out of that shop a few gran lighter lol

Edited by Davyo

Shouldn't break the bank, mine charges £4.50 for a top up and £12 for a new bottle. If you get chairgun from Hawke website, its free, it has useful tools to calculate rifle efficiency, plot shotstrings etc. Very good tool and helped with seeing pellet drop and printing off reticle views for different magnifications so I could see hold over/under, hold off etc.....assuming I had ranged correctly of course.

When you're filling your airgun cylinder, do be a bit careful.

This applies to Airarms, not sure about BSA or others, but if you overfill an AA then you can 'blow' the seals in the gun. So crack the cylinder valve open a bit, and don't open it fully.

Your gun's markings are probably every 50 bar, for AA you're not recommended to fill past 200 bar (I think). I usually only fill to 180/190 bar.