Liver and white cocker spaniels

Hamishgundog3

Hi all, just wondering whether anyone else out there has liver and white cockers? Ive got a couple as well as a couple black and white ones, I'm just wondering how often people see them about in their area. Whenever Ive been beating/ picking up I have only ever seen one or two, ever,

The bitch I have was the only one in her litter that colour, rest were chocolate or black. I guess it's just a throwback to when people used springer blood back in the day.

Anyway, just curious

Cheers

Hmmmmmm, I'd never really thought about a split litter occurring, or even being possible!

that's interesting though, although if I even mention such a thing to the keeper I got her from he'd probably do his nut. Very proud cocker man lol

I Thought (being the key word here) that liver and white in cockers wasn't possible with out close springer blood. But I have since been told that's wrong so it's quite possible it's just a liver and white cocker.

KC certificates aren't worth the paper they are written on, simply no way to prove the sire, apparently in long dogs it's been known for the sire to be fathering pups long after his death!

Are the dam and sire both dogs he bred?

No he didn't breed either I don't think, but they were bred by reliable cocker folk, the pups I bred from this bitch were black, chocolate, black and white and liver and white, yet all have an uncanny resemblance to their grandad (sire of said bitch). It's likely to be a throwback i think, other than colour, the size is similar to your average working cocker. If I was really intrigued id attempt a DNA test but I'm not too bothered, Im just interested as to how common the colour is :)

I Thought (being the key word here) that liver and white in cockers wasn't possible with out close springer blood. But I have since been told that's wrong so it's quite possible it's just a liver and white cocker.

KC certificates aren't worth the paper they are written on, simply no way to prove the sire, apparently in long dogs it's been known for the sire to be fathering pups long after his death!

Are the dam and sire both dogs he bred?

Depending on the sighthounds blood mate,if it was a good 1 the owner has probably milked him and got the sperm frozen.there a lot of greyhound men do this and have straws off the sire for the next 20yrs.but thats running dogs for ya