Shotgun/Rifle Lockup in a car

Verminter243

Hey guy just wondering what you use when transporting you gun to or from a shoot, whether it is a permanent cabinet or a lockable wooden box. As i travel a lot to different farms doing fox and other vermin control and i am getting quite weary of keeping my gun in my car whether it be fill up on diesel or leaving it down a track whilst out walking especially with all these incidents with people braking in a getting lucky on couple of guns. So i was looking for something that can be fixed into the car and lockable so not just a shotgun case. thanks alot

On rifles I always travel with the bolt removed and on my person, you could simply run a PVC coated cable through the action and lock it to I ties down, likewise shotgun barrels. Reasonable precautions are what you need to comply with, I feel this covers things over well if anything. I don't leave guns in cars with all their required parts and "leave" is very relative its like filling up with petrol or taking a leak maybe walking 50 yards from the car to glass fields