Bird-Watcher Alert

bobshooting

Never seen a Ross Goose, tell yer the truth I wouldn't know one if I saw it but I have seen loads of Barnacle Geese there was around 150 at Fritton Lake and when we had some morning flights on there they would fly round sounding like a pack of barking small dogs. One strange duck that was shot one morning was a Smew , a little Black and White duck with a pointed tail , a lovely looking duck which is now in a glass case in the hall for the visitors to admire.

Marshman, this will help you in identification

http://www.surfbirds.com/Features/nikonsnowgeese0210/snowrossgoose.html

one of our members last season saw two police men standing next to his vehicle, thought it had been broken into, as it turned out been reported as shooting brent, showed the officers 3 Canada's. they had to google it to check what they were. Those that report should be made to leave details, until checked out.

I couldn't agree more, it doesn't seem fair that anyone should be able to make that much trouble anonymously..

I've heard since, rumours only, that the person or persons anonymous had parked illegally overnight in their Caravanette type van, so the only ones being naughty there were them, but I get talked to by the police!!!

If you own a gun in this fair land of ours, you're on a hiding to nothing.