Toyota Land Cruiser

keg

Good to hear. My KJ120 was a second car doing only 5000 miles per year and I had a recurring problem with calipers binding on. Now I use it every day and it's fine, I think it's happier the more miles I throw at it, mind it's only done 66k on a 04 plate.

My sensible head says change it for a car that does more mpg but it's such a top car for the kids, lumping stuff and it's a top shoot car.

Happy motoring,

Fuddster

When the first Range Rovers came out many were bought by rich saudis. I remember a couple of mates who went out there at the time to work on the oil and irrigation rigs telling me that when they got stuck they used Toyotas (can't remember model) to pull them out. One of the lads said that as a result his boss bought a new Toyota and gave him the Range Rover to run around in. :)

When I first became self employed and was looking for work at slack times I worked on the M6 for a spell, doing a bit on the chain but mostly running the surveyors around in Landrover Defenders of varying descriptions. It was totally chilled out work and I enjoyed it, but could be long hours including the odd night shift, so if we ended up with a Landrover with no radio we would fabricate a fault and send it back to the leasing company which would replace it. One day for some reason they replaced a Defender with a Toyota pick up. The extent of the 'extras' which came as standard was way and above anything we'd experienced as Landrover drivers, and so it became a race to work each morning to ensure the first one there got the keys to the pick up ! 4X4's don't come much better than Toyota in my opinion.