SCOTLAND

four-wheel-drive

After listening to our pm talking about NATO I am starting to think that it could well be a good thing if Scotland leaves us as most of our politicians I think live in some sort of dream world where the UK is still a big power instead of being what we are a few small Islands just above Europe who does whatever the Americans tell us to.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off you go then. All you have to do is tick the box that says 'yes'. Just remember the Glasgow airport bombing of 2007 and don't come crying when you want support in future.

I hope they do get independence - bye bye labour!

That's one bonus of many

If it would keep us free from the likes of Galloway, Brown and the Krankies I would go up there and vote for it myself.

And there's the rub, we don't get a say in the matter south of the border.

I personally genuinely think we are better together but there is an element within me that says well *****r off then!

I would like the union to continue i think were better together, that said if i lived in Scotland and had the opportunity i would vote yes great chance to get from under the heel of this London centric **** the rest, country we live in.

seriously consider moving north of the boarder if i was a bit younger

Just suppose it is a yes vote, with Scotland not being eligible to join the EU does that mean we could rebuild Hadrians wall and have manned checkpoints? After all, they will then be a foreign country, not a fellow member of Europe.

What about Scots living here or wanting to work here in the future? Will they need passports? Will we see disenchanted Scots applying for asylum?

There might be some benefits after all. :lol:

Just suppose it is a yes vote, with Scotland not being eligible to join the EU does that mean we could rebuild Hadrians wall and have manned checkpoints? After all, they will then be a foreign country, not a fellow member of Europe.

What about Scots living here or wanting to work here in the future? Will they need passports? Will we see disenchanted Scots applying for asylum?

There might be some benefits after all. :lol:

you couldnt find the brickies to carry out a job like that :no:

What ever the outcome the politics in the UK could change forever. I will be voting NO and have said so on other posts.

I am sure there will be a bit of a slagging match (hopefully freindly banter) on this post and others to come before the 18th. We wont just here the no/yes argument but all the how much better we will be with out them (whoever the them is) from both sides of the `wall`.

It could be an intresting topic / discussion.

BBL

A proud Scots, but also proud to be British

What ever the outcome the politics in the UK could change forever. I will be voting NO and have said so on other posts.

I am sure there will be a bit of a slagging match (hopefully freindly banter) on this post and others to come before the 18th. We wont just here the no/yes argument but all the how much better we will be with out them (whoever the them is) from both sides of the `wall`.

It could be an intresting topic / discussion.

BBL

A proud Scots, but also proud to be British

I hope it's a no vote, but if it goes the other way I hope it's a success. Failure would be unthinkable.

As you said, humour and banter is good but seriously there is potential for this all to go wrong and the losers will be the ordinary people who have to pay for the mess. No doubt the likes of Salmond will retire on his index linked pension as soon as he's assured his place in Scottish history.

Its all very ironic really we or a lot of us want to get out of the EU as we do not like other people telling us what we can or cannot do yet we do the same to the Scottish people I would like to see a more federal system where each country England Scotland Wales and NI has control of most things that goes on in peoples daily life health education etc then we would have a small government to deal with the big stuff defence banking etc etc.

I would like the union to continue i think were better together, that said if i lived in Scotland and had the opportunity i would vote yes great chance to get from under the heel of this London centric **** the rest, country we live in.

seriously consider moving north of the boarder if i was a bit younger

It's our MPs from whatever part of the country that are letting this happen. I think we need to make it clear to them this has to stop.

I have a frined on facebook who can't see that the sun doesn't shine out of Alex Salmonds **** and can't see _any_ downside in splitting. He keeps

going on about how the corrupt politicians in Westminster are incapable of ruling Scotland, completely ignoring the fact that there is over representation

of Scottish politicians in Westminster. I don't know why he thinks they would perform any better up here.

Nial.

Hate to say it but we need the Jocks and they need us, a marriage or ‘Union’ of mutual convenience forged in the blood of our forefathers that both sides rail against but has distinct advantages for those on either side of the divide. This union has worked with time honoured distinction in peace and war. The United Kingdom, long may she endure. :drinks:

If there is a yes vote the politicians in Scotland will be just as corrupt and just as distant from the man on the street as they are now. I shouldn't wonder if they were even more so given their new found powers.

People in England in pretty much any region other than the South East feel the same way about Westminster as the Scots do. In fact as a rural dweller I feel remote from my own district council!

I think this campaign has been very divisive and the effects will be felt for generations, regardless of a yes or no outcome. There is a growing bitter divide in Scotland and with a lot of the rhetoric coming from the Yes side I am not surprised at all if the other home nations take the hump at the whining Scots.

What has become very apparent is that the campaign for the Yes side has really become a vote of dissatisfaction for what we have now, but as a few have said that isn't unique to Scotland. A Yes vote doesn't change that, there is nothing in the Yes campaign that will fundamentally change anything in our politics or how government will work, it is just rank opportunism to get people to put a cross in that box.

My postal vote has been completed and sent and I very much hope that the outcome is a No. It will be very close and with a very big voter turn out and I hope that sends a powerful message to the establishment and the other people of the UK that there is a huge amount of dissatisfaction and change needs to happen.

A more federated approach to government would work well I think.

I think this campaign has been very divisive and the effects will be felt for generations, regardless of a yes or no outcome. There is a growing bitter divide in Scotland and with a lot of the rhetoric coming from the Yes side I am not surprised at all if the other home nations take the hump at the whining Scots.

What has become very apparent is that the campaign for the Yes side has really become a vote of dissatisfaction for what we have now, but as a few have said that isn't unique to Scotland. A Yes vote doesn't change that, there is nothing in the Yes campaign that will fundamentally change anything in our politics or how government will work, it is just rank opportunism to get people to put a cross in that box.

My postal vote has been completed and sent and I very much hope that the outcome is a No. It will be very close and with a very big voter turn out and I hope that sends a powerful message to the establishment and the other people of the UK that there is a huge amount of dissatisfaction and change needs to happen.

A more federated approach to government would work well I think.

The problem is there is a no vote will it not just end up like the EU vote if they do not like the answer they just do it again in a few years until they get the one that they wont.

The problem is there is a no vote will it not just end up like the EU vote if they do not like the answer they just do it again in a few years until they get the one that they wont.

I think Westminster have to approve it, so it could be a while before we get this nonsense again, hopefully.

Nial

OH YES YOU COULD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres massive amounts of polish brikies would do it for a pittance .........................well there is on some of the sites my mate and son have worked on

I think Westminster have to approve it, so it could be a while before we get this nonsense again, hopefully.

Nial

I hope so Nial, at least another 20-30 yrs would be fine.

I think it will be very close, in fact i have a nagging fear that it will be a Yes. Whatever way it is decided I would far rather an overwhelming majority as it would close the lid on things for a long time, but that just isn't going to happen. I think this bitterness is destined to only get worse.

is it just a 50% + vote that is needed?

if it is marginal, and it will be, then it can be nothing but extremely divisive

independence granted or declined on the basis of a few thousand votes, maybe a few hundred, I do not think that would be very satisfactory to anyone.

The more I think about it democracy is very over rated

I cannot think of it as anything but mob rule under another name.

Edited by scolopax

As I understand it, this vote is for the Scots to say yes or no to impendance. If they vote yes there are many hurdles to cross before it actually happens and it won't be in Salmond's life time. It would take years to eventually happen if at all.

Why is this is not explained in the press?