Gift Springer

manxman

I planned to get a new pup next spring as my current dog is getting on a bit. However, a good friend of mine bred a litter last year and kept one to train up. The dog is 14 months old but developed an ear infection 6 months ago which although cleared up has left him carrying his head slightly to one side, particularly when hunting(he's still in training, not shot over).

The vet thinks he will gradually improve but my friend would rather give him away to a working home. Don't think my friend is unkind, he is a great trainer with more than a few FTW to his credit and very kind to his dogs, it's a case of wanting the dog to look right as well as work right.

I'm not particularly bothered that he looks slightly odd. His training is going great and has the making of a fine rough shooters dog. At the back of my mind though, is the thought that maybe I could be taking on a problem that may be permanent or get worse. Any thoughts?