Heads up cheap hide poles in B+Q

Zetter

Hi All

If its of interest B+Q are doing (in Milton Keynes anyway) clothes line props for £3 each. I picked up 4 for use as hide poles as they extend a hell of a long way, the colour is a bit odd in lime green but im sure some old spray paint I have lying about will fix that if needed.

The only down side is they are flat bottomed with a cap but its easy to pop that out and as they are steel hammer the end flat to make a spike.

Atb Neil

Hi All

If its of interest B+Q are doing (in Milton Keynes anyway) clothes line props for £3 each. I picked up 4 for use as hide poles as they extend a hell of a long way, the colour is a bit odd in lime green but im sure some old spray paint I have lying about will fix that if needed.

The only down side is they are flat bottomed with a cap but its easy to pop that out and as they are steel hammer the end flat to make a spike.

Atb Neil

I used this type of pole many years ago, until I bought a 'proper' set. They worked well. To get the poles into the ground, I cut some 3"x2" wedges out of wood, and drilled a hole in the top of the wedge, that was slightly bigger than the diameter of the pole. I then stamped the wedges into the ground and inserted the poles into them. Job done!

Hi All

Atb Neil

Don't bother spraying them, they'll be fine as they are.

i used the exact same ones for years and at three quid a go if they break its no biggy , but mine did just that so . . . . . .i won a set of heavy duty hide poles off the bay from a1 decoy [AUCTION] with the foot spikes for £24 delivered i will never look back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-HIDE-POLES-PIGEON-SHOOTING-HUNTING-MAGNET-DECOY-NEW-SOLID-FOOT-TELESCOPIC-/351161256432?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item51c2d789f0

My moto, buy cheap buy twice ,each to there own tho matey !

i used the exact same ones for years and at three quid a go if they break its no biggy , but mine did just that so . . . . . .i won a set of heavy duty hide poles off the bay from a1 decoy [AUCTION] with the foot spikes for £24 delivered i will never look back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-HIDE-POLES-PIGEON-SHOOTING-HUNTING-MAGNET-DECOY-NEW-SOLID-FOOT-TELESCOPIC-/351161256432?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item51c2d789f0

My moto, buy cheap buy twice ,each to there own tho matey !

Or buy twice as many first time round. Still works out the same money.

I don't do a massive amount of decoying and also have a pop up hide (which is very nice when the weather isn't great) so these do the job nicely for me so far.

One thing i dont get about these hides is what happens if the ground you set up on is not level ,lets say for instance your hide is higher at the back then the front due to a hill ????? i know someone who had one of them pop up hides where the chair is basically built into it so its a case of unfold and away you go said it was a bit rubbish to put it nicely , feel free to send me a link to a good one , and please understand im not having a go here , i take net and poles and a bloody massive camo brolly , thats me lot , in the hide department !

Or buy twice as many first time round. Still works out the same money.

Always thinking you eh 39TDS

One thing i dont get about these hides is what happens if the ground you set up on is not level ,lets say for instance your hide is higher at the back then the front due to a hill ????? i know someone who had one of them pop up hides where the chair is basically built into it so its a case of unfold and away you go said it was a bit rubbish to put it nicely , feel free to send me a link to a good one , and please understand im not having a go here , i take net and poles and a bloody massive camo brolly , thats me lot , in the hide department !

Always thinking you eh 39TDS

If your ground is really uneven it can be an issue like you say but I use mine for ambushing bunnies so its a case of fine a nice spot in the hedge thats level ish and pop it up. Mine came from A1 decoys and is a double seat one so I have plenty of room in it for me/ lunch/ rifle ect really keeps the wind out as well. Mine also collapes down into a backpack bag so is easy and light to move about. Absolutely no use with the shotgun but for the LR, Air or HMR its cracking especially when winter sets in.