So who is out in the morning then ?

fenboy

out only inland though, last time only go twice max, then out on the marsh if you and harry leave any, good tide tomorrow am, have a good flight, not heard any reports about breakfasts yet.

Don't think I will be doing breakfast , cannot afford to outgrow another pair of chest waders :lol:

I saw it was a decent tide , no doubt that will bring a few people out of bed , I was on my own last night.

I'm out for first flight of the season in the morning :good:

Looking forward to it, got the gear in the car ready for in the morning so I only have the gun me and the dog to sort when I get up. The dog was watching me put stuff in the boot after my third trip with the waders he was dancing and spinning about, his little sad face when I closed the car and came back in the house :lol: hope he can sit still on the marsh in the morning, to excited daft dog.

Must remember to bath in skin so soft.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

I'm out for first flight of the season in the morning :good:

Looking forward to it, got the gear in the car ready for in the morning so I only have the gun me and the dog to sort when I get up. The dog was watching me put stuff in the boot after my third trip with the waders he was dancing and spinning about, his little sad face when I closed the car and came back in the house :lol: hope he can sit still on the marsh in the morning, to excited daft dog.

Must remember to bath in skin so soft.

Figgy

good luck in the morning but you might want to add some water to the skin so soft :)

Well , I am back .

Had another Mallard this morning , hit with the first shot but still going on , missed clean with the second but luckily killed it with my last by which time it was that far away if it was not for the fact it had been hit I would not have took the shot .

Took a lot of finding but the dog came up trumps again .

You are off the mark this year! You'll have to show me how its done :lol:

Pup might not be perfect but its sounds like he is doing the job!

Yes , I have now equaled all last seasons bag in two flights.

Been pleased with the dog , still some work to be done on delivery but he is now showing that he understands what his job is and seems alert as soon as I raise the gun.

Needs more work on direction though, but things going better than anticipated so far.

Managed a couple of duck this morning after missing three in a row :no: my cartridge ratio was woeful but pulled it back with two first barrel shot ducks.

The dog made two very good retrieves, it was to warm for my liking, was struggling to see when the sweat made the skin so soft run into my eyes, not nice like looking through a mist.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Managed a couple of duck this morning after missing three in a row :no: my cartridge ratio was woeful but pulled it back with two girt shot ducks.

The dog made two very good retrieves, it was to warm for my liking, was struggling to see when the sweat made the skin so soft run into my eyes, not nice like looking through a mist.

Figgy

It is warm , I had a very long hike , in chestwaders and a coat I felt like a boil in the bag , I wore the coat as when I was down Friday the mozzies ate me through the long sleeve t-shirt I was wearing , so it was a choice of being eaten or getting boiled.

Yes , I have now equaled all last seasons bag in two flights.

Been pleased with the dog , still some work to be done on delivery but he is now showing that he understands what his job is and seems alert as soon as I raise the gun.

Needs more work on direction though, but things going better than anticipated so far.

Try and not build that alertness into running out the hide/ hole in anticipation. Most learn the safety catch clicking off etc. I don't send the dog on anything I can get myself personally. Your doing well for a first season alone so far! It wasn't so good for me Sat as the geese stayed out feeding Friday night so I ended up scouting from about 6:30 after sitting out with nothing in front of me but sand from 3:00.am

Try and not build that alertness into running out the hide/ hole in anticipation. Most learn the safety catch clicking off etc. I don't send the dog on anything I can get myself personally. Your doing well for a first season alone so far! It wasn't so good for me Sat as the geese stayed out feeding Friday night so I ended up scouting from about 6:30 after sitting out with nothing in front of me but sand from 3:00.am

He is not running in as he is pegged at the moment so does not attempt it , I take the leash of and have him sit for a short while before I send him its is nice to see him showing a interest .

I was thinking of going across Thursday morning as its a big tide but its warm and the A17 is shut at Swineshead diversions in place

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/news/night-time-closure-of-a17-at-swineshead-bridge-on-10th-11th-and-12th-september/123018.article

So I am not sure what to do as I didnt want to miss the dawn sat waiting behind lorry drivers, :no:

Regards

H

I was thinking of going across Thursday morning as its a big tide but its warm and the A17 is shut at Swineshead diversions in place

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/news/night-time-closure-of-a17-at-swineshead-bridge-on-10th-11th-and-12th-september/123018.article

So I am not sure what to do as I didnt want to miss the dawn sat waiting behind lorry drivers, :no:

Regards

H

You could leave earlier and follow the diversion?

Diversion will add about 5 minutes on your journey harry if that .. I would always turn left at the barge hotel at swineshead bridge and come down the board sides ..

To hubberts bridge turn right over the crossing .. First left follow that road you will come to cross roads straight over then follow that road into kirton village .it will be sign posted it's a piece of pee mate ..

Well , I am back .

Had another Mallard this morning , hit with the first shot but still going on , missed clean with the second but luckily killed it with my last by which time it was that far away if it was not for the fact it had been hit I would not have took the shot .

Took a lot of finding but the dog came up trumps again .

did you see a lot out there this morning or hear many other shots. on any other parts of the marsh