Hot Conditions

marsh man

Reading about your mornings and evenings out this first week some of you mentions the heat , normally ive got a decent memory but it must have been a long while ago since were had a whole week when its been this hot and still , maybe people from other areas have had different conditions but in East Anglia it has been hot. Have it been the same for other members up and down the country ?

It was pretty cool this morning on the N Norfolk coast. The last few flights I have been in shirt sleeves but this morning I was glad of a pullover and fleace jacket at sun rise. Quite a few mallard about , but high with no wind , but no sign of any pinks , though there have been several thousand pinks reported , but it was a full moon at dawn so they were probably inland.

Reading about your mornings and evenings out this first week some of you mentions the heat , normally ive got a decent memory but it must have been a long while ago since were had a whole week when its been this hot and still , maybe people from other areas have had different conditions but in East Anglia it has been hot. Have it been the same for other members up and down the country ?

it's been strange weather this week, almost humid near me in Colchester. Yesterday was threatening rain in the morning and a glorious afternoon, I was sat in a hedge yesterday evening shooting a handful of pigeons and I was wearing a camo coat to stay concealed and I was sweating buckets just sat there. Felt jealous of the birds being able to soar around keeping cool, so I shot them and ate the evidence.

It was pretty cool this morning on the N Norfolk coast. The last few flights I have been in shirt sleeves but this morning I was glad of a pullover and fleace jacket at sun rise. Quite a few mallard about , but high with no wind , but no sign of any pinks , though there have been several thousand pinks reported , but it was a full moon at dawn so they were probably inland.

Went up to Blakeney and Cley today , had a look on the N W T reserve to see what fowl were in and apart from about 100 Canadas and a few Greylags didn't see many duck , and like you say the morning was cool but this afternoon got out really warm again.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the weather this morning and they were saying this September has been the driest and the warmest for 70yrs, not that I can remember that one ,but today its been in the 20s and the dust was coming off the land where they were drilling and no change for a few more days yet.

I have been on the land this morning, within a mile or so of the marsh. Once the fog lifted mid morning it was a very bright hot say, i was hoovering up cuttings and i was getting alot of dust with it!