Dandruff

Cookie69

It's probably chyletiella mites,(called 'walking dandruff'). Frontline would be your best option.

Edited to say I saw a young lab get treated for t today and it got an all over frontline spray rather than the spot on. Hope that helps?

Thanks for the reply

On close inspection it looks like flakey skin

I got some frontline in the cupboard I'll treat him now anyway

Thanks again

Paul

If its not mites try adding a teaspoon to a desert spoon of cod liver oil to his meal. Keeps the joints supple and you get a glossy coat.

^^ :good:

How old's the Cocker, Cookie69? Skinner's Duck and Rice is good stuff but I found my lot also had flakey skin on it - switched to the 23% (they do a lot of work/training) and they're all now like glossy seals :)

^^ :good:

How old's the Cocker, Cookie69? Skinner's Duck and Rice is good stuff but I found my lot also had flakey skin on it - switched to the 23% (they do a lot of work/training) and they're all now like glossy seals :)

He will be 14 months old in a couple of wks I'll look into that

Thanks

If your shampooing your dog always consider that the "dandruff" is as likely to be tried shampoo you failed to flush out 100%. Personally I don't bath dogs (occasionally they need hosing off) interestingly they do not tend to roll in stinky stuff when you don't shampoo them and as you don't strip all the oils out their coats the muck falls off when dry or is simple to remove with a hose