L200 indicator help needed

The Mighty Prawn

Hi all

so my L200 has developed the fast flash when indicating right, checked bulbs and the front right bumper mounted lamp is not working, but the side light next to it is flashing - assume blown bulb

Swapped the bulb for a new one, same problem, examined original bulb and found no obvious blow, swapped working bulb from other side, same problem.

When hazards are on it flashes normal speed, but still the side light instead of the indicator

I checked the wiring for anything obvious and can't see wires to wrong place or anything so suspect it might be a relay or something

Any thoughts guys?

Avoid like the plague. Use something alcohol based, terps, white spirits etc. Anything but wd as terminal resistance can rise, albeit corrosion will be reduced lol

And as with most things, if you cannot confirm zero voltage by way of a multi meter then disconnect the battery.saves popping fuses if nothing else

Status update - FIXED!!!!!!

Before you scream I didn't get out the WD, however the terminals are corroded so badly they need replacing but for the moment I needle filed enough rust away and with some twiddling got a connection and they are all working

Massive thanks guys, a simple problem apparently but definitely needed advice

Well done bud. I get the needle files out myself but also have a snap on terminal removal kit that is a good podger to clean with. Not what its designed for but faster then a terminal removal, cut and crimp. Purely on my own cars, put more effort into my customers vehicles lol

Edited by onatangent