Gundog training made easy

Royboy

Hi I'm thinking of getting lab pup in the near future and was wondering if anybody has used the Book http://www.gundog-magazine.com/easy.htm

I'm not botherd about a field champion but want a good well behaved dog, it will also be a pet and be sleeping in doors, any suggestions on books if this ones no good

Cheers

I fear the haters on here will beg to differ or make sarcastic BS comments with no input to the thread topic...BUT! Yes that book is very good, I have followed some of what's in it and will continue to use it as a guide for the future.

Basically I bought a spaniel nearly 3 years ago but didn't have time at the time to train her, nows she's just a realy good pet but very gun shy, I've finished doing my house up now and will have more time so want to start a fresh, and if my springer comes to in the process it's a bonus, this time I'm going to do everything by the book on the nose with no shortcuts

I fear the haters on here will beg to differ or make sarcastic BS comments with no input to the thread topic...BUT! Yes that book is very good, I have followed some of what's in it and will continue to use it as a guide for the future.

you clearly know what your talking about, :lol::lol: :lol:

to the op,

believe me there is nothing better than training your own dog, I was told by a few he was way to young to start taking out with me, all I can say is it was the best thing I ever did, each dog is totally different bud and what works for one might not work or others,

I train mine at the moment 3x a day and for 15 mins a time and also take him to his(and mine) personal dog trainer every Friday, and he is now 15 months old and is still a pup but I,m loving every minute of it,

it makes me feel so proud of what I have achieved with him now but I still have a long way to go even though he is retrieving birds for me now,

enjoy mate , but most importantly don't mention dog collars on here or it will be YOU at the next public execution :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck and let us know how your getting on with the training

atb Evo

I have the book , it is ok but I am sur there are better , for a start it is biased toward retreivers , it lays out what you should be doing with your dog at what age , but all dogs mature and progress diffrently .

If you are getting a spaniel look no further that training spaniels by joe irvine , its several years old now but still the best book out there IMO

Basically I bought a spaniel nearly 3 years ago but didn't have time at the time to train her, nows she's just a realy good pet but very gun shy, I've finished doing my house up now and will have more time so want to start a fresh, and if my springer comes to in the process it's a bonus, this time I'm going to do everything by the book on the nose with no shortcuts

hi mate. Books , DVDs and YouTube are all good and always worth a watch or read. Also Plenty of patience and commonsense with serve you just as well. Good luck and atb .