How do you wash your car?

malkiserow

A detailer is someone who would carry out paint corrections, clean air vents with foam swabs and generally spend hours on your car. Last big job took me 15hrs to get the paint from scratched and dull to glass like and an interior you could eat off. Even the spare wheel and well gets polished. 2000grit wet sand and polish, paint seal and polish if your car is orange peel looking etc etc. Like they say the devil is in the detail and being a good detailer is where this is most accurate. I wet sanded my m3 and looked better than when it was first painted once polished, sealed and waxed. You can get all sorts of gimmick wash in stuff and buzz words like nano technology. All carp. Like everything, result equals effort applied.

Vac it first while the ground is dry. Use pressure washer on car setting to clean any excess dirt off. Use foam shampoo bottle on washer foam all over. Use harder scrubby brush on wheels. Use spinning brush to lightly scrub paintwork. Rinse off then spray with shine stuff. Take for a quick drive down the bypass to let shine stuff dry as the alternative is to buff it off.

If feeling lazy take it down the hand car wash and get it vac and washed for £8. Don't do this often cause I could buy nearly 2 boxes of cartridges with that.

Liked my old matt finish camo landrover. I washed that once a year with the hose pipe inside and out whether it needed it or not. Just put it on the sloping bit of the drive and left the doors open to drain out. Sometimes ran the floor mop in it if it needed it.

Top Tip--Never use a sponge on your paint work, use one of those sheepskin (microfiber) gloves. Reason is a sponge will rub tiny particles of grit into paintwork and scratch it. Then its a job for the detailer to get rid of the little scratches.

What have you got against Detailers. They need the work. :lol::lol::lol: