decent wellies

eddoakley

Probably been done to death on here amd everywhere else but I nees a decent pair of wellies so looking for suggestions.

Need to be fairly wide in the calf and reasonably priced, more than happy to pay for quality but not just for a name.

What can you all recommend? And anywhere in particular to buy them.

Edd

Third pair of muck boots have just started leaking in the same place.

Always seem to go on the seams on the back of the boot, I've had each pair replaced by shop so 3 pairs in just over a year but won't honour latest fault.

I'm now in market for a new pair,looking at aigle brand.

Just my experience.

Cheers

I have aigle they are ok but the pile on the neoprene in mine seems to go the wrong way and they pull my socks off :sad1:

Put your socks on back to front then :)

I am sad enough to actually have socks that I set aside for my wellies that don't suffer from that affliction. It is insanely annoying.

I have had all the above apart from le chameau and now have grub boots,they are pretty much the same as muck boots which were good but bit a bit slippy in ice and the sole wore out too quickly, grubs have a vibram sole which offers better grip and wear,any of these neoprene boots are tight on my calves and take months to wear in properly.

The next pair of wellies I buy will be grubs

Aigle seem to be the only manufacture that hasn't started cheap production.My local shop has stopped selling Hunter, Musto,Seeland and le chameau due to manufacturing issuse regarding the glues being used and got sick of giving refunds stating that these manufacturers have all opted for cheap labour over quality.

U could say there is no such thing :whistling: If ur going to spend the big money i would buy a really decent pair of leather boots far comfier

I wear a pair of Nora's almost every day from now till june (also have a pair of Dunlop sur treads) as good as anything, cheap, lot lighter than ur muck/grubs which are also not bad. Wear a pair of thoose wellie bootlet things which absorb the sweat of walking/wearing them all day. Mines are 2 years old now and still got some grip left and no holes

I wouldnae have a pair of expensive wellies got a good deal on some expensive mustos, wore them once and went back to my old ones.

My dad treated himself to his first ever pair of decent wellies after a lifetime of wearing normal farmer type ones, has had 2 pairs of fancy zip up hunter in under 18 month, 1st pair returned under warranty but this pair just as poor, but these are being worn every day

AIGLE AIGLE AIGLE AIGLE AIGLE

Had a cheaper pair of Aigles over 20 years so comfy and durable but eventually split !

Bought 2 new pairs one for dog walking as so so comfy another pair for shooting they are the mutts ......

Would not waste my money on any other product !!W

Edited by blasterjudd