Where can I buy a second hand stock?

fitzy

In my ignorance, I bought a 686 Silver pigeon from the local clay ground/gunsmiths. I'm southpaw and as I get more involved in shooting I'm beginning to realise that the gun isn't the best fit. LOP is a touch too long which I've partially resolved with a thinner butt pad. Although the cast is subtle, I'm sure I'd be better off with a l/h stock.

I've a few options

1) Buy new l/h stock

2) Have gunsmith try and bend stock

3) Sell gun and replace

4) Pick up s/h stock

I'm not sure which would be the cheapest option. Any modifications to existing gun will greatly reduce value. It's like new but would be hit heavily in a part ex. Preferred option is number 4 but since I'm after a l/h stock I wouldn't know where to look. Does anyone know of any gunsmiths/gun fitters that offer s/h stocks?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Myles

Thanks gents for your speedy replies. I've been in touch with the shop but they've simply quoted the cost of replacement. They were prepared to do a better price than the rrp or refer me to their gunsmith about bending the stock.

I'll have a google of those names and have a ring around. Hopefully strike lucky. Thanks for all your help

Thanks gents. I had a ring around and came up trumps with Chris Potter. Seemed vey nice people and price was very reasonable too. Fingers crossed it'll fit without any trouble otherwise I'll be pestering you lot again. Pity they didn't have any forends in stock or I could have refinished them to match.

Edited by fitzy