Last bee swarm this year

Ireland71

Thanks I have done it for a few years,I give all the swarm's to friends free of charge and have got 6 young people in to bee keeping who I mentor every week but not for long more time for them to go it alone me thinks,sadly I don't keep any hives now due to work and not much time to look after them,but always willing to help the up and coming bee keeper,cheers vince

Well done mate

Only had a few this year so you've done very well

Catch up soon

All the best

Of

cheers Nigel we must get a date set up and before anyone jump on the wagon I am not that way inclined :) :) lol have a few jaspers to sort out and that's it this season for me cheers vince Edited by Ireland71

Always been interested in bees and bee keeping but don't have a lot at spare time. How do you find or get so many swarms? I am very interested in this. I know where there's a bees nest in an ash tree, it's in a hole in a large branch. Drive past it everyday when doing my pheasants. I would love to hear more on the subject of bees.

Always been interested in bees and bee keeping but don't have a lot at spare time. How do you find or get so many swarms? I am very interested in this. I know where there's a bees nest in an ash tree, it's in a hole in a large branch. Drive past it everyday when doing my pheasants. I would love to hear more on the subject of bees.

i am a member of my local bee keeping association and go on the swam collection list and I advertise on the World Wide Web as it's a free service I get a lot of phone call's but a lot of them are for bumble bees,you would be amazed how many people get them mixed up with honey bees,ATB vince

Nice photo. We buy our honey from a local beekeeper for making mead, and I've helped out a few times in harvesting. Fascinating creatures.

indeed what would we do with out them,always recommend local honey great for coughs and colds etc etc, my favourite is a honey and banana sarnie, ATB vince

Facinating. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as 'collecting bee swarms' . I'm assuming it's very different to collecting stamps.

yes very enjoyable and they don't cost anything to collect lol but can be quite pain full when you fine a nasty swarm been stung a lot of times but you soon learn to ignore the pain and carry on with the task in hand,

wish more people gathered them up i have had a old lad on call for a while now as i wont kill bee"s at all there"s not to many about these day but to many pestcontrolers just think of the money kill them and crack onto the next job.

There was a couple of swarms near me last year in town they dint even try to collect them up just out with the spray it makes my p**s boil at times :mad:

But good on you and all other that collect them up and encourage young uns into keeping bee"s :good::good:

Aaaaagggghhhh that's my idea of a nightmare, only way I'd be there is in a space suit and wielding a flame thrower for personal protection

Not good with bees can you tell?

swarming bees are noting to be afriad of they are thre most docile when swarming,i would recommend anyone trying it,it is quite amazing to watch and be among a swarm of bees,yes people think I am mad,not mad just a passion for bees,cheers vince