frontera v6

AberFowl

Just the old fronterra achiles heel rust the v6 is a good lump did have a overheating issue but many had an electric secondry fan fitted only a prob when towing and yes 18 mpg around town (if your lucky some might say ). If the fronty is your choice I'd go for th 2.5 tds vm engine I'd still have mine if it hadn't melted away but they drive realy well on the road and are better offroad then some people would have you believe.

The MPG doesn't bother me. I look abit of 'oomph' so figured v6 would be the way forward.

Just wanting to know if there were any common faults with the engines or body.

The one I am looking at has a couple of small blisters on the doors but nothing major..seems very very clean for a T reg with 90k on it.

Check rear wheel arches, sills, front bulk head, top of the front struts rear chassis bottom of the windscreen all problem areas for the fronty sounds mad but they seem to rust from inside out I found mine drove better on the road then most cars I've owned been talking to a mate who said to check for foamy water syndrome he bought v6 and had to have the heads reskimmed but didn't have a moments problem with it again till he sold it on and he tows a burger van that killed two 4.6 range rovers so they can't be bad but" oh my "they do like a drink.