Me and the ping pong went to Kirton marsh Lincs yesterday,

harrycatcat1

I set off a little early at 01.45 as there was roadworks planned in the night on the A17. Its normaly a 2 hour drive but luckily the roadworks wernt there and was early at 03.35 but it didnt matter as I had arranged to meet "smithy1983" off here for a morning flight.

Shortly after I arrived some headlights came down the road and it was Jim not sure of his user name on here but he ought to be renamed

"13 flight jim" as he had done that amount of flights up to yesterday!!! Thats a good effort :good:

Smithy1983 turned up and soon after washwildfowler was walking on the sea wall with us, jim went with ww round towards the river Welland and smithy1983 and I set some decoys up on some splashes. I had forgot to bring my torch but to be honest it was like daylight with the best part full moon.

We saw lots of mallard flying about but they seemed very high as it was really still, we saw some go over where jim and ww were and heard some shots.

At about 07.15 we started pulling the decoys as it was a high tide of 8.4 metre ish at 08.10 and a glance at a nearby creek confirmed it was coming in quick.

We all started walking back and it turns out that ww had 2 mallard in the bag, "how the flippin eck did you get them?" the mallard were sky high.

He just shugged his shoulders as though to say "just another day at the office" nothing new, Jim confirmed they were good shots.

I enjoyed the walk back along the sea wall just chatting and learning new places to go and general information about the marsh from ww that someone like me living "inland" would take ages to learn with the amount of visits I make.

I dont suppose this flight was special but I think the people that you meet make it special and I just love getting out on the marsh.

Thanks to Smithy1983, Jim and WW.

Regards

Hcc

Oh and by the way ayano3 whatsapped a picture of himself sat on a deck chair with a knotted hanky on his head and his vest on with his trousers rolled up to his knees drinking lager out of a can. :lol::lol:

Harry your too old to understand WhatsApp. I did that photo as the entertainment for the night was doing impressions. We had to do one of how you would imagine one of your friends would look on holiday. Add the socks and sandals too. Pleased to say I choose you as your a shooting friend if mine lol.

Did ping pong get any mice ??

I set off a little early at 01.45 as there was roadworks planned in the night on the A17. Its normaly a 2 hour drive but luckily the roadworks wernt there and was early at 03.35 but it didnt matter as I had arranged to meet "smithy1983" off here for a morning flight.

Shortly after I arrived some headlights came down the road and it was Jim not sure of his user name on here but he ought to be renamed

"13 flight jim" as he had done that amount of flights up to yesterday!!! Thats a good effort :good:

Smithy1983 turned up and soon after washwildfowler was walking on the sea wall with us, jim went with ww round towards the river Welland and smithy1983 and I set some decoys up on some splashes. I had forgot to bring my torch but to be honest it was like daylight with the best part full moon.

We saw lots of mallard flying about but they seemed very high as it was really still, we saw some go over where jim and ww were and heard some shots.

At about 07.15 we started pulling the decoys as it was a high tide of 8.4 metre ish at 08.10 and a glance at a nearby creek confirmed it was coming in quick.

We all started walking back and it turns out that ww had 2 mallard in the bag, "how the flippin eck did you get them?" the mallard were sky high.

He just shugged his shoulders as though to say "just another day at the office" nothing new, Jim confirmed they were good shots.

I enjoyed the walk back along the sea wall just chatting and learning new places to go and general information about the marsh from ww that someone like me living "inland" would take ages to learn with the amount of visits I make.

I dont suppose this flight was special but I think the people that you meet make it special and I just love getting out on the marsh.

Thanks to Smithy1983, Jim and WW.

Regards

Hcc

Oh and by the way ayano3 whatsapped a picture of himself sat on a deck chair with a knotted hanky on his head and his vest on with his trousers rolled up to his knees drinking lager out of a can. :lol::lol:

Very Good write up Harry . Just a slight observation lol there was a good few mallard on the wing . But they were wigeon I shot lol. It's always a pleasure to walk out with other fowlers who are like minded and like a bit of banter like myself ..

I do think the quote of the morning has to go to yourself .for when ping pong ran a fare way up the bank and this was pointed out to you by one of us ..

Your reply was Don't worry about it you can pick a terrier up for £20 where I live ..

Which tickled me for the rest of thr day ..

Ww

Edited by washwildfowler

Very Good write up Harry . Just a slight observation lol there was a good few mallard on the wing . But they were wigeon I shot lol. It's always a pleasure to walk out with other fowlers who are like minded and like a bit of banter like myself ..

I do think the quote of the morning has to go to yourself .for when ping pong ran a fare way up the bank and this was pointed out to you by one of us ..

Your reply was Don't worry about it you can pick a terrier up for £20 where I live ..

Which tickled me for the rest of thr day ..

Ww

£20 ??????????????? you can get 2 for that :lol::lol:

Waste of time training her now as she is creaping up 10 years old next :good:

I enjoyed the morning :good:

Hcc