Odd question about the 12lbs cap

maskedhunter

UK Manfactures requested Sub 12FP when overseas Air Guns was killing UK Market Place

If you have a Legal need for a FAC Air Gun you can apply for a License if you have approved Land to shoot on

Re Scottish proposal for Air Gun Licensing -

Will be very interesting if it ever happens

First fall will be lack of Funds or Staff to enforce it

And as proved with UK Putting TAC Guns on Ticket - Even uder a Fixed Five year Jail Terms - The Majority was Never Registered

Also aware that No one ever got the five Years when caught with a unlicensed Air Gun

There have been many requests to up Sub 12FP Limit - Standard reply is that you can and in most cases get a FAC License for a Higher powered Air Gun

BOB/R

UK Manfactures requested Sub 12FP when overseas Air Guns was killing UK Market Place

If you have a Legal need for a FAC Air Gun you can apply for a License if you have approved Land to shoot on

Re Scottish proposal for Air Gun Licensing -

Will be very interesting if it ever happens

First fall will be lack of Funds or Staff to enforce it

And as proved with UK Putting TAC Guns on Ticket - Even uder a Fixed Five year Jail Terms - The Majority was Never Registered

Also aware that No one ever got the five Years when caught with a unlicensed Air Gun

There have been many requests to up Sub 12FP Limit - Standard reply is that you can and in most cases get a FAC License for a Higher powered Air Gun

BOB/R

Ta bob :) - Nah i was just interested in the higher power for longer distance without drop and no matter where the americans seem to hit, head, chest where ever with the higher power it seems to almost stun them like lightening shocked them, ive not seen it from the UK rifles unless a perfect headshot which i dont even see some of the better youtube hunters doing, see alot of eye shots, neck shots etc but with the higher power ones it seemed more.. sudden (i may be a total idiot and have it all back to front). I saw the 100 lbs wolverine it looked sexy :P

Regards,

Matt.

You don't actually get that much more range with FAC. don't think of it in terms of double the energy, double the range. It doesn't work out like that. Team Wild did a test on the Wolverine's ballistics. at 70yds, the grouping was an inch and a half shot from a shooting rest on perfect conditions, which is too much for my liking. The impact is obviously greatly increased and you have a sledgehammer of a .303 projectile, but accuracy is crucial.

Here's the vid...

Ta bob :) - Nah i was just interested in the higher power for longer distance without drop and no matter where the americans seem to hit, head, chest where ever with the higher power it seems to almost stun them like lightening shocked them, ive not seen it from the UK rifles unless a perfect headshot which i dont even see some of the better youtube hunters doing, see alot of eye shots, neck shots etc but with the higher power ones it seemed more.. sudden (i may be a total idiot and have it all back to front). I saw the 100 lbs wolverine it looked sexy :P

Regards,

Matt.

No the kill zones only change marginally at best (this surprised me when I more than doubled the power) a 12ft lb air gun will go in one side of a rabbits ribcage and out the other at sensible ranges. The factor of the more powerful LR doing a better job is actually to do with cavitation and other factors not least the bullet being twice the mass

Regards,

Matt.

mate concentrate on your 12ft lb air gun and get good with that,

i know it's nice to think about fac and more powerful guns but from reading a lot of your post's you have a long way to go yet,

above comment meant in the nicest possible way that is

as i have said soon as i get a free weekend i will pop over and pick you up and take you out,

how did you get on at killshot's gun club today ??

colin

mate concentrate on your 12ft lb air gun and get good with that,

i know it's nice to think about fac and more powerful guns but from reading a lot of your post's you have a long way to go yet,

above comment meant in the nicest possible way that is

as i have said soon as i get a free weekend i will pop over and pick you up and take you out,

how did you get on at killshot's gun club today ??

colin

Yeah, none taken mate, i understand and agree i got alot to learn.

Hardest part was getting there, the milton keynes bus people stopped all buses to hanslope on a sunday from central so it was impossible i managed to swing a cheeky lift of a mate but he wasnt happy about what time i woke him up on a sunday aha!

Yeah was realy good, bit windy up on that open area but makes it all the funner i guess. could still make the 55 yard kill shot on the little black rabbits and crow at the furthust target which made me extremely happy haha!, Was realy good to have somewhere i could shoot with some distance behind it and not to have to worry about up setting anyone, got on and had a little chat with a few chaps down there, had a go on a few guns, AA and a few others where realy nice!

Great people, realy inviting, took my mate he enjoyed it two, we will both be joining for the year to see how it goes :)

Yeah whenever your free im more then up for the lamping :) if i have plans.. they will be free'd aha!!

Regards,

Matt. :)

Edited by maskedhunter