What would you do?

Garrod

It might be me and I should just except it but here goes. I`d seen a advert on here back in March 2013 regarding a small syndicate that would work on the boundary of their main shoot so I got in contact. I went and had a look and paid £200 deposit but in the end it never worked and I got offered my money back or 4 day`s walked up with the keeper. As it worked out I could only do two days due to work and other commitments and thought it would carry over but nope. No response to email`s, text or picking up my calls. I know people are busy in everyday life but this has been on going since February. I pay £150 per day for 50 bird driven days with lunch included locally and I feel a little bit ripped off having what looks like now paying £100 per day for a boundary hedgerow walk seeing limited number of birds. Is it just a case of hard luck as you had the dates and not my fault you couldn`t make it or is he being unreasonable?

Being a bit unreasonable, you informed him well in advance.

Just ask for your money back and move on,as in the first instance they decided not to do the boundary syndicate you joined for and offer you four walked up keeper days that you can only do two of.

I'd write a letter sating that you have been in contact and have not had any replies. Get onto the shoot owner if you get no satisfaction. Or take a mate on each of your two days.

Figgy

Hey sounds like you have a claim why not issue a county court summons? is there a written contract if not that's more likely his problem more than yours, honestly its far better to just compensate you and draw a line under it in my mind.

For some reason people allow themselves to be ripped off when its about sport, I knew a guy who sold stalking for years and out of all I met (and there was a lot) nobody ever actually saw a deer on his land but he made a point of showing clients deer on other peoples ground via long detours

Send a letter asking for recompense, ask for a response within 14 days of receipt, send recorded delivery.

Wait 14days, if response then negotiate. If no response go online and send county court summons. His failure to respond to the initial letter will be taken into account when the Judge determines the outcome.