gb sights asPRO

norfolkgoose

Hi all just wondering if anyone could tell me what battery is needed to power the aspro nv unit as at present its powered by 2 ultrafire 3.7 v batties (home made setup as sold to me) and would like more than 30 mins of use out of it .

I also dont have a manual either so i'am unsure on what voltage it needs to run on properly .

many thanks in advace .

Edited by norfolkgoose

Hi,

. I had a quick check and seems they do ultra fire in two mAh options, 2400 & 3000. If your torch takes two 3.7v cells then you are running 7.4v so question is what mAh do you currently have? If you want it to last longer then increase the mAh of the batteries. Adding batteries in series increases the voltage and in parallel increases the mAh so you might be able to adapt something?

Edited by onatangent

Thanks for the reply what I really need to know is there a max size battery I can use does the unit have a built in resister to stop it from over loading so it does not fry say ... is 12v to much and would that damage it?

On the other hand would a ns 50 battery pack or similar be suitable to use ...... I am really struggling to find out much about gb sights as they are no longer about and there is very little info on them if any on the net many thanks again .

It would have power board to regulate power distribution to the necessary components so adding more volts will start to labour downstream. A normal tolerance would be 10% input deviation. Did you manage to download the manual from the link and see if input voltages were mentioned? You can heat shrink batteries and make your own battery stick packs to the correct voltage and higher amp hours. Integral to the unit they wouldn't be. No different to high output pedal bike lights that have the batteries squirrelled away in a bottle so you can put them in the bottle cage on the bike. I will have a look and see what 3v cells are around. Seen the 3.7v ultrafire in 4000mAh but without knowing what you have cant say if that's going to increase your run time.

Edited by onatangent

I've had a search and as you said, info is definitely lacking. How old are the batteries is one thing to think about. Without seeing the tech specs I cant tell you what consumption and what battery voltage to use and what mAh to use to give you your preferred running time. Alot of spaces need filling lol.

As mentioned I would be inclined to aim for the voltage you have been using so far and up the amps. Is the ebay pack a beefy one then? While I remember, your battery compartment could be wired to run the batteries in parallel so the system voltage is just 3.7v but 11.2Ahrs(11200mAh) compared to a series setup of 7.4v 5.6Ahrs(5600mAh). Info needed for me to give you an informed decision so fingers crossed the OP other forum replies. I will keep digging, see if any on ebay and message the seller for info etc.

Edited by onatangent

Found cock all so far! Saw an old post on pw about a duff battery pack and containing 4 batteries and a pcb. No replies, typical. Would be fair to assume the system is 6v but that's not in my nature. Is the battery pack a remote modular one as I have seen some in pics. Just thinking you could check the voltage at the plug end. If I were to assume then 6v is fair as read about someone converting to 6v battery and having spare higher capacity on an old ebay sale. Old review I found said it ate batteries which is reassuring at least. Sorry I cant help more. I am no stranger to making battery packs though. If you have a model shop they could solder a battery pack up for you and shrink it if you don't fancy it.

• 2 months later...