A few hours today (wasted)

bluesj

When i walking around a stubble/ clover field this morning the dogs put up about a dozen pigeons and half a dozen rocks, about 20 minutes later they put some more up from the same spot. Kept an eye on the area for the rest of the walk and say a few dropping back in so i thinks to my self may be able to have a bit of fun. Hide up decoys out gun ready and the first couple of pigeons came straight in hardly had time to get comfy missed with the first shot but got one with the second! Not a bad start :), as i was reloading a crow came over my head from behind me by the time id got cartridges in and the gun closed it was at a good range (for me any way)but going dead straight, another one down! by the time it hit the ground it was 80 plus yards away. Then nothing for about 20 minutes until some of Clarke's mate mates came looking for him, I guess his name was Clarke as that was what they were calling 4 or 5 circled round and a couple landed to have a better look I the missed a pigeon well watching this going on :sad1:.

After waiting another 15 minute with nothing I heard a magpie just along the hedge, now I've been after this magpie for ages see it all the time but it won't go in a trap and i haven't managed to get close enough with a gun yet. So site back in the hide with fingers crossed as it comes closer!

Closer still and then someone came up the other side of the hedge on a horse as they past the magpie goes straight over my hide on its way over it cr**s in my coffee and the day went down hill from there!