How close to a wild rabbit for a shot?

Cookie69

looks like a leveret to me. could be wrong but I think it is

no defenatly a rabbit its out side of my work place, an inner city industrial park that used to be a recreational sports ground owned by standard triumph

in the 70's i used to watch my dads cousins play when i was a kid. i think they must be desendants of the rabbits who lived on those fields back then?

there isnt another suitable field for some miles that i can think of?

Ears not long enough. for Hare.

Very tasty fried in butter, but Oh so cute. Shame they are normally covered in fleas.

honestly the long ears only become prominent after a certain age and rabbits of this size as it appears in the photo are not usual above ground, also the dark colouration though this can be locally influenced.

Hares have black tips to their ears. Have had hold of rabbits this small near my Father in Laws house. Thats why I know they are covered in fleas.

Have a real close look at those ears and you will see those tips just starting, I see both here at home, the other factor is it never ran little bunnies are just as twitchy as mum and dad while leverets are pre-programed to remain motionless. I really wish I could get my old hard drive sorted and show some leveret pics I had on my old laptop