Norfolk Pigeons and some Proper Cartridges

Whitebridges

As previously stated these shells were branded with Thetford Guns name and their telephone number printed on the shell case. So, I wouldn't consider them to be the standard Proper cartridge as advertised on the banner advert on here.

I would also suspect it is quite normal for the supplier to charge a little extra for printing although this is no business of mine.

I think £45 a slab is a very fair price after trying some!

Edited by Whitebridges

As previously stated these shells were branded with Thetford Guns name and their telephone number printed on the shell case. So, I wouldn't consider them to be the standard Proper cartridge as advertised on the banner advert on here.

I would also suspect it is quite normal for the supplier to charge a little extra for printing although this is no business of mine.

I think £45 a slab is a very fair price after trying some!

I understand and totally agree .

Hi mate, I recognise that top landscape picture but for the life of me I can't place it! Well done mate, got a nice few pigeons working a barley stubble but it's right next to one of my release pens....No go this time of year.

Ahoy. You won't get that one mate. Too far from the sea! You can have a go guessing though :good:

How'd yew dew on the beans?

Well you've got partridges up there which is a shame in some respects. :yes::lol: The Norfolkman's grouse with the biggest open skies.

Edited by Whitebridges

White bridges gave me two boxes of the 30 gram 6 shot to try . I shot 6 pigeons for 6 shots today . All birds were shot over decoys and were not testing shots . But what did impress me was that they all died on the wing . I need a bit more shooting to decide on how good or indifferent these shells are .

At the moment I am impressed at how well they killed the 6 birds that I shot . Will try and give them a better try out tomorrow . Need to try them out on some fast crossing birds and some high driven birds .

Harnser.

I've just de-breasted the birds in the pic, bar the crows :rolleyes: stuffed with newly chitted rape. Not uncommon in this part of the world. Sometimes they'll take the plant when it comes to second stage at about six inches and leave nothing but match stick stems in the ground. This is a re-drilling job as it's rare the rape can come back.

Doesn't this occur in the Cotswolds?

Can't disagree Fatty. I found this beer in Devon but I think it's a Cornish brew. Darn good it is too.

myself and outlander have downed a few of them pint's while holidaying down Cornwall

colin

Ahoy. You won't get that one mate. Too far from the sea! You can have a go guessing though :good:

How'd yew dew on the beans?

Well you've got partridges up there which is a shame in some respects. :yes::lol: The Norfolkman's grouse with the biggest open skies.

Well the beans still not combined! I think the farmer going for a world record for the lasted combining of a field of beans! I will study the picture in great detail and have a guess mate, I recognise it tho I'm sure of it, I'm sure I've seen that view myself at some point. Near any roads? Rich

It seems that no one shoot more pigeon than you PC. Terrific stuff. If you can get a couple of boxes of Georges carts they are well worth a try.

Harnser has had a little go with them today today and they passed stage one. More extensive field use underway shortly.

I picked up some 32g 6s from George the other week and have been using them for the last three outings , I like them and they suit my gun.

Well the beans still not combined! I think the farmer going for a world record for the lasted combining of a field of beans! I will study the picture in great detail and have a guess mate, I recognise it tho I'm sure of it, I'm sure I've seen that view myself at some point. Near any roads? Rich

Heck, it's getting on a bit. Will you be stuffed up when the game season get's underway in full?

There's a couple of minor roads. Typical Norfolk ones with a bit o' grass growing up the middle. :lol:

I picked up some 32g 6s from George the other week and have been using them for the last three outings , I like them and they suit my gun.

You seem to be getting on with them. Good endorsement if you're happy using them i'd say. :good:

Edited by Whitebridges

very nice indeed and when at the bar you have to order it with a west country accent

tee hee

colin

They thought I was Australian.So I replied "Did I ask for a tube of Fosters mate?"

Will be ok on beans Any time as it out the way of any drives, getting busy now with feeding etc. don't start shooting till mid November.

Good, I hope you get some good shooting. We start late as well, everything is to green otherwise.

I have never known pigeons feed on rape between September and November. I must keep an eye out from now on.

We have lots of pigeon on the volunteer rape, they are ignoring the 100's of acres of bean stubble I've got. Driving me batty this year, I'm giving up for a little while, almost every trip out has been fruitless.

• 2 weeks later...

I was given a box of these to try by Pigeon Controller. I put them through a Maxus and they performed well, bit of a kick for 32g but seemed to have more dead in the air over my Clear Pigeon. Could have been the day I suppose but at that price and the fact they are 70mm (suits the maxus better) I will be using them

Tks

Belly