Hello!

2bonic

Hi! I just joined not too long ago and the most important reason is because a bird fell in a bucket in the garden.

I am trying to save it from death and thought this was the best place to be.

It's currently night time, 9:30pm to be specific and the only thing I could think of is to put my jumper next to it with it slightly over it

so no animals will smell it (which I have a feeling that it would be dead by morning).

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to bring it in doors and i do not have a garage.

It would be nice to learn a bit about them while I am here and hopefully I will get good tips!

ciao for now.

er...welcome! what sort of bird? what you've done so far is the way to go. is it pretty warm where you are? I'm guessing the bird just fell in of its own accord, which means the chances are pretty good for it, as long as it was breathing when you removed it. If it's made it to being taken out, it could well be alright, as long as you keep it warm. Shock is the biggest killer. keep it warm and dry and it should pull through.

(slightly aware that this could be a wind up! if not all the best with the bird!)

er...welcome! what sort of bird? what you've done so far is the way to go. is it pretty warm where you are? I'm guessing the bird just fell in of its own accord, which means the chances are pretty good for it, as long as it was breathing when you removed it. If it's made it to being taken out, it could well be alright, as long as you keep it warm. Shock is the biggest killer. keep it warm and dry and it should pull through.

(slightly aware that this could be a wind up! if not all the best with the bird!)

The bird is still here i am thinking of other plans to keep it safe for the time being and what to give it to drink and eat. it is a normal every day pigeon you see flying about.

The grey ones. I will check back on it soon and i cannot wait until its day time. i am staying up all night to make sure its ok.

my family members think i am mad trying to save a pigeons life when they are killed all the time by cats but its also good experience and i also feel sorry for injured animals.

they say i would be a good vet if i wanted to go to university but i do not have the money unfortunately and not a professional but know some of the basics and i do want to learn more in looking after sick birds.

also forgot to mention that the bird is warm and is slightly cold outside.

welcome to pw oh and the pigeon (a priest)

First time I've ever heard of someone giving a pigeon the last rights! If it's a woodie then it will have white patches on either side of its neck and a bold white stripe on each wing. Check if it has a ring on its leg. If it has then you will have to deal with its spouse for keeping it out all night. They probably think you've been on the wee-wee and it has a hangover. "Honest my love, I fell over into a bucket and knocked myself out!"

"A likely story!" says HID as she belts him over the head with their version of a frying pan. And so on ad infinitum. You know the story, they never believe you, do they.