sad news for Moonraker knives

activeviii

Hone Moonraker knives today to place and order and to ask if they would take some knife scales with them so I could hand pick what I wanted only to be told they are now doing any more shows and the impression I got was that he might end up winding up the business. Why?

Well at the class game fair he had a go at 6 people for peeing up his cavavan. They were drunk and rightly so the stall holder was a little more than miffed, they walked but one decided to come back and have ago. Ended up that the gent from Moonraker knifes took a bit of a beating. No one likes to get into fisty cuffs but the gent is well into his 60s. Because of this he feels he can no longer carry on with any shows.

What give someone the right to to do this to an old man. Just because they can't hold their drink and think that because their a well known game chef they can do as they like. People like this discuss me to the core.

And then to go off bragging one of the stands next day. That's wrong just so wrong.

Edited by activeviii

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony has had his fair share of problems at shows from theft in the past and it sounds as if this might be the last straw.

Would like to know who the 'well known game chef' was and regardless of his fame hope he was reported to the police.

I wish Tony well and hope he gets well soon.

Unless he's reported to the Police then he's got away with it.

Perhaps the chap has a firearms cert - and if he reports to the police, there may well be some counter-accusations, and who knows what else - it could well affect renewal, or even have guns taken off temporarily. A dilemma for sure - and not one that people should have to think about, but that is the world we live in now.

Perhaps the chap has a firearms cert - and if he reports to the police, there may well be some counter-accusations, and who knows what else - it could well affect renewal, or even have guns taken off temporarily. A dilemma for sure - and not one that people should have to think about, but that is the world we live in now.

Either way, if it goes unreported, the blokes got away with it.

Yes the chef has Firearms

even if the Stall holder started it. which im not going in to or suggesting he did, 6 drunks peeing over his caravan where he is to sleep and then one comes back and fisty cuffs start. then sorry the chef has gone looking for trouble. If he was going back to apologise then he has a funny way of doing it. If he was defending himself then 'Reasonable force' A battering and not being able to work and afraid of reprisals if he was to do any more show is a little more than 'reasonable'

As a so called celebrity(used loosely) game chef i think he needs to stop his drinking and hope this is resolved for all sakes.

Yes the chef has Firearms

even if the Stall holder started it. which im not going in to or suggesting he did, 6 drunks peeing over his caravan where he is to sleep and then one comes back and fisty cuffs start. then sorry the chef has gone looking for trouble. If he was going back to apologise then he has a funny way of doing it. If he was defending himself then 'Reasonable force' A battering and not being able to work and afraid of reprisals if he was to do any more show is a little more than 'reasonable'

As a so called celebrity(used loosely) game chef i think he needs to stop his drinking and hope this is resolved for all sakes.

You can 'hope' all you like, but unless someone does something about it the 'chef' has got away with it. If it is proved he has assaulted someone (often the claim is all it takes) then he stands a very good chance of losing his tickets.

Sorry but I find it a little annoying (well more than a little actually) when people complain about something but are then unprepared to do anything about it.

Very sad to hear this, most years at the MGF ive ended up spending money on this stand, ive always found them very helpful and pleasant to do buisiness with. It will be sad to see him not at the gamefair this weekend.

I would like to see the person who beat him name and shamed publically.

Best wishes to the guy from Moonracker and I hope he recovers and continues to attend events as I will continue buying from him at them.

ATB

Matt

You can 'hope' all you like, but unless someone does something about it the 'chef' has got away with it. If it is proved he has assaulted someone (often the claim is all it takes) then he stands a very good chance of losing his tickets.

Sorry but I find it a little annoying (well more than a little actually) when people complain about something but are then unprepared to do anything about it.

I'm sorry you find me a little annoying by complaining. would you rather nothing was said?

The gent in question is in his advancing years. that generation do not normally moan and people get away with things. it was only because i pried deeper that i got the story. So by putting things public, with luck, the right questions will be asked, maybe the chef will read this and some form of help will be offered as to get moonraker back on the stalls. Who know.

But if nothing at all is said then he will get off scott free.

You never know, the other 5 people that were there peeing up his van might even have a little guilt in them and offer help.

No matter what, at the end of the day, no one deserves a slap for moaning at someone peeing over his belongings.

Hence why the police should have been involved and said Chef had his collar felt for assault. That's the only help that is needed as I see it. make an example of him for all to see instead of half hinted stuff on an obscure internet forum. Look's like he needs to be found gilty.

I think you'll find that Scully meant that far more complaining should have been done, to the police.

I'm sorry you find me a little annoying by complaining. would you rather nothing was said?

The gent in question is in his advancing years. that generation do not normally moan and people get away with things. it was only because i pried deeper that i got the story. So by putting things public, with luck, the right questions will be asked, maybe the chef will read this and some form of help will be offered as to get moonraker back on the stalls. Who know.

You never know, the other 5 people that were there peeing up his van might even have a little guilt in them and offer help.

No matter what, at the end of the day, no one deserves a slap for moaning at someone peeing over his belongings.

Edited by Penelope

I don't find you personally annoying, but rather the fact you would rather have a whinge on here than do anything about it.

People come on here and have a rant and a whinge about all manner of things, and that's fine IF they are then prepared to do something about it. While I may have great sympathy for your friends predicament I'm afraid there is nothing I or anyone else on this forum can do to help either you or him. If you REALLY WANT to help him then report the matter to the Police. Telling us will achieve nothing I'm afraid.

I couldnt agree more with your last sentence; no one deserves a slap for moaning at someone peeing over his belongings, but unless you're prepared to report the matter to the relevant authorities then the chef has indeed got off 'scot free'.

Activeviii.

Please name the chef.

You can add "it is alleged" if you wish.

I hate to think that this might be one of the TV Chefs I regularly watch and respect,and there is nothing worse than cowardly jumped-up,arrogant,well paid personalities,remember Harris and Jimmy So-vile.

This chef is currently being aided and his actions condoned by those that fail to speak up.

Bryan.