.22rf ammo allowance

Rst1990

It should state what you are allowed to purchase at anyone time and also what you can hold, myself in .22, 500 to buy & hold 600. I must never have more than 600 in my safe. I have never been tempted to hold 600 and say go out and buy 100 to use that night(might be against rules)but imagine if you bought 100,had 600 in the safe and the shooting got rained off,youd then be over stocked.

Edited by Davyo

The regulations have recently changed re this topic. Formerly your FAC would state that you could purchase 500 rounds and hold 600 rounds,(or whatever variation of figures), currently your FAC will only state the amount that you can possess not the amount that you can purchase.

Which make sence as what differance does in make how many you buy at one time to any body but you?

but still would have been handy for the op if he could hold 600 then he could by at 500 a time so would all be the same batch.

Still doesn't really answer his question

Edited by bluesj

Which make sence as what differance does in make how many you buy at one time to any body but you?

but still would have been handy for the op if he could hold 600 then he could by at 500 a time so would all be the same batch.

Still doesn't really answer his question

I can buy 500 at a time. Buy 500 keep 500.

But on my ticket it says 500 expanding and 500 standard rounds.

When I applied for my ticket I asked for 500 rounds which was accepted and put on my licence.

When I looked on my licence on the ammo section it has.....

.22rf exp quantity 500 .22rf quantity 500

So can I have 500 exp and 500 solid totalling 1000 rounds?

Thanks

In my opinion you can only have 500 at any one time. It should say 500 expanding 500 standard as per the example below for you to be able to have 500 of each.

.22 expanding is .22rf, as is .22 standard.

I can buy 500 at a time. Buy 500 keep 500.

But on my ticket it says 500 expanding and 500 standard rounds.

Because theres a differentiation between expanding and standard rounds on your FAC i would say you are permitted 500 of each so 1000 in total.

Its all in the wording, but as already suggested you should check with your FLD for a diffinitive answer

I shall get a picture of my ticket and try and post it to show you tonight.

Thank you for your help guys

i don't think posting a picture of your licence will help you as members on here come from all 4 corners of the country and all have different feo and as we all know they make their own rules as they go so the only way to know what your feo wants you to have is to phone them and ask them

Colin

I don't really want to call my feo as I have already called him last week, I don't want to pester the fella. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with the above.

Phone your FEO, thats why hes there, he'd rather you ask for clarification than hold over top amnd end up in trouble.

It's DEFINATELY 500 of each , the confirmation is below the quantities .

********* 2 ENTRIES********** .

This states that there are two different entries in the ammunition , that being 500 expanding .22rf and 500 .22 rf (normal , or solid to be precise) , but JUST TO BE SURE if it was me I would phone so that they know too, also it might be a clerical error !

Edited by nighteye

That's an odd one to list it that way then.

My (new-type) FAC has, for ammo:

2. Ammunition including expanding ammunition and expanding missiles

Maximum quantity authorised to be possessed at any one time

.223 -- 200

.22RF -- 500

***2 entries***

So expanding is covered in the 'title' part of the ammunition section, but they've listed it seperately too ?

I am a member of a club as well as doing pest control. Condition 7 on my FAC has my closed licence condition, followed by : The ammunition referred to in this condition, either possessed or to be acquired, may include expanding bullets

It sounds to me like someone in the police has made a mistake

My essex police fac states I can hold 750 exp and 750 solid. I can purchase 500 of each at once. So I can hold a total of 1500 rounds and buy a maximum of 1000 (500 of each). This was clarified by my fao last renewal about 18 months ago. It may have recently changed because it was more economical to buy a brick of 500 but that is no longer deemed a good reason for that amount. And no I do not have target shooting on my fac and never have done.

You learn something new every day though as I did not know you could have more than one rifle of the same caliber on a fac.